Discuss 12 week shutdown london in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lag

hi, all
anyone else bothered by the 12 week shutdown of all underground and overground stations
during which all trades will be out of work as the olympics gang do not want any VIP to see any orange ppe
going about their work.
total disgrace me thinks.

well, what can you expect from people why enjoy watching idiots grunting round a track, ending up back where they started.

would like to agree with you but.....
me thinks with so many desperate sparkys wanting to get back to work after sitting around for 12 weeks the rates will be a lot lower ?

First i've heard of this 12 week shutdown due to the Olympics?? So how do they transport all the UK ticket holders into London and spectators generally around the different venues etc?? Why 12 weeks anyway, thought the games only lasted 2 weeks?? lol

I think i MUST be missing something here?? lol!!

hi, all
anyone else bothered by the 12 week shutdown of all underground and overground stations
during which all trades will be out of work as the olympics gang do not want any VIP to see any orange ppe
going about their work.
total disgrace me thinks.

What do you mean? Tried googling but couldn't find anything.
I see the Tube staff are getting a minimum £850 +++ bonus though!

You do realise you're in breach of copyright using the 'Olympic' word.
Oh, dash it, so am I. :)
What a load of balls that is. I'm not going to bother with them this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
E54 - I think they are referring to refurb work on certain lines

Now at last someone says what I am thinking they rekon it'll raise so may sqillions of pounds for the UK economy yeah for about 2% of the population the rest can go ****, they usuall mob will rolling up thier shelves waiting for this particular gravy train to pull in and trouser wads of notes, deficit what deficit, and at the risk of upsetting the blinkered faithfull dont start me on the jubilee
Pict

all work will stop on pretty much all stations within reach of london [all then] thats about 3k sparkys alone
only network rail and tube cardys will get a bouns for routine work.

Are you saying that just the ongoing maintenance and/or refurbishment work will stop, or that the complete stations will close for 12 weeks?? ...I still don't understand where the 12 weeks come into it, the games are for only 2 weeks???!!! ...lol!!

Sooooooo, if this is right, if one of the filthy rich types that own BIG houses in London have an electrical problem, they're screwed? No DNO, no nuffin?

It's either 8, 9 or 12 weeks depending on who's telling.
All work that would cause any disruption is being suspended, along with work that can only be conducted in out of service hours.
They don't want there to be anything to impede the tourists as they swan about getting lost, and as they are extending the operating hours, it's not worth employing people and paying them a days money, for the few out of service hours they can work.
The reason it's so long, is because of the Jubilee, the olympics and the paraolympics.
Some work will be allowed, as long as it will not cause disruption.

Reply to 12 week shutdown london in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net