• Thread starter Former Sponsor TM
  • Start date

Discuss 2391-10 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

Former Sponsor TM

Hey guys - I'm now booked into Wakefield Skills centre on the 21st-24th November for the December 2391-10 exam!!

I've bought the C&G Exam Success book, which seems pretty good actually, and I'm cramming in on guidance note 3 too....

Any advice would be unbelieveably welcome!!

Cheers, and thanks for all the forum welcomes.

Keep cramming on the wording, the wording in GN3 this is what they are looking for in the answers.
You do not get marks if you for instance put megger tester instead of insulation resistance tester.
they say the exam is hard but if you have studied for it, it is not too bad, you only need to be able to contort your brain around the way C&G ask the questions.

Do past papers to get the hang of this and also you will have covered about 80% of the questions that come up.

Good luck!
I just passed mine from August, got the letter today!

as long as you dont get too many questions wrong you will pass ! LOL
seriously its GN3 all the way and be exact with wording

Search for the 2391 chief examiners report on here, it's a sticky in the courses forum I think. That'll tell you what they look out for and how they like things worded.

Hi all

Doing my course next week at Wakefield, then exam on 20th, thought i had been studying hard got all the books, done a couple of test papers out of IEE book, first paper work ok and i tried to learn from this for the other one, but upon doing the second one ied got worse, correct wording seems to be the key. I seem to be going backwards, insead of forwards. :willy_nilly::confused5:

Andy you will get there, try the exam papers again knowing the answers and read the question to determine why these answers are correct.

You do need to have a good understanding of the regulations and their application to progress well.
The exam success book is very useful in telling you how to answer the questions the way City and Guilds want you to, remember that the questions are not clear, answer what is required not what you think they want.

As Lenny says read the chief examiners reports they have useful advice and information on where most people need to study. Link to the C&G website for 2391 documents.
Certificate in Inspection, Testing and Verification of Electrical Installations | Construction and Building | Electrical installation | City & Guilds
Good luck

Cheers Richard

Yes like you say it's understanding why the answers are correct, and the "answer what is required not what you think they want", is a good rule of thumb.

Thanks again

Andy

Best advice I can give you would be to actually carry the GN3 around and read it from cover to cover. Highlight any particular sections of importance eg, initial verification, required information ect. Familiarize yourself with all test procedures and instruments used for testing, including required measurement values and units measured in. It's vital that you remember the differences between TT, TNS & TNC-S systems and how to draw labeled diagrams of them as this usually crops up in one of the questions.

Postie just delivered a nice new 2391 certificate, WELL CHUFFED:smile:

Many many thanks the those that helped me with the past papers.

Took mine in December 2011, I found out today that I passed too.

Although I have been testing for a number of years, it is nice to have the paperwork.

Many thanks to some on here, who cleared up one or two of the finer points of the more obscure regs. and alternative view points, also some help with the required calcs, many thanks to all.

Cheers,

S68

I have finally found my december 2011 2391 result out and I've passed over the moon!! Thanks to everyone that has helped out top lads!!

Reply to 2391-10 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net