Discuss 2391 Next week in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Good luck all that are sitting the exam I passed 2nd time. Top tip read the question a few times before answering I did not do this second time round and only realised my mistake with 15 mins to go. I read the question as Ze when it was asking for a Zs

I also sat the test on the 14th of this Month and I now my result with every thing going on around me.

The next 2 Tests are the final ones July & August then it's finished for good can't remember exact dates but i am booked on both and paying for them off my own back as company will only pay when results out. Re sit cost £29.00 and as i would rather have the 2391 instead of the new i have booked the next 2.

Good luck mate yes you put the work in and you pass (this time for me to much going on around me). Did not feel confident as before this time, revised but not able to do as much as i would have liked.

Cheers and look out for the postie in about 42 working days.. Ian.

I sat this exam myself on thursday, That was my second time around, and after the first failure, you learn your mistakes, got my head down for a couple of weeks.

I would personally say that a very small percentage pass this paper first time around, probably in and around 25-30%.

I thought parts of thursdays paper were quite tricky enough, The IP codes in the bathroom/shower caught me unawares, question 22 was difficult enough, considering they were asking for five departures from the BS7671 Inspection list, coupled with detailed explanations on how this could be related to an inpection of a distribution board.

Q21, 23, 24, 25, Zs questions on 26 were fairly easy, although I did not used coloured pens for the TN-C-S earth fault path, having said that It was very detailed and well labeled. They surely couldn't deduct marks of me for this.

I feel as if I did enough to pull through, I'll not speak too soon though.

Anyone advise any other beneficial courses??

Done it myself on Thursday.

The term departures threw me and the nature of them. I took it as things to look out for that are visibly wrong in a dis board ie wrong type of PDs and no earth etc. Others thought it meant what was leaving the Dis board as in trunking, cables etc.

I am about 60/40 I have passed it. Fingers crossed.

The term departures threw me and the nature of them. I took it as things to look out for that are visibly wrong in a dis board ie wrong type of PDs and no earth etc. Others thought it meant what was leaving the Dis board as in trunking, cables etc.

Since taking the exam, I've been wondering about the marking for that question (Q22?).

It had 15 marks in total and they wanted 5 departures, so obviously 3 marks per departure.

1 mark for identifying one, 1 mark for defining it, and possibly the third mark for it being relevant to the scenario?

The scenario was a wood-working facility, so one example of a suitable departure from BS7671 at the db would have been absence of a 300mA RCD for fire protection.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to 2391 Next week in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net