Discuss 2394/2395 exams in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Slug

I have just done the 2395 exam and it is a 6 question paper and you are given 1 1/2 hours in which to answer them. The 2394 is the same so fingers crossed I'll pass the pair of them.

They are pretty similar in the fact that the 2391 had 26questions and this had 6. Just been informed about it, apparantly there was a big question on earth electrode testing?

Had my exam a couple of weeks ago. If you do revision it should be ok. I have done all th testing previous except from the 3 probe earth electrode test. Guess which 15 mark question came up in th exam.so that's 15 marks lost. I would just read th question thoroughly and look out for they're askin for because sometimes they try to confuse you.

You cheating little ****s !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you should know it, not needing to cheat and lie ure way through an exam - thus having a qualification and carrying out work you don't know much about.

It's closed book for a reason. Yes ive heard that the exam was stupid, with questions worded incorrect...if this is the case let C&G deal with it - you'll probably end up with a free re-sit, if they deem the paper to be pathetic.

It's designed to seperate the men from the boys.

You cheating little ****s !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you should know it, not needing to cheat and lie ure way through an exam - thus having a qualification and carrying out work you don't know much about.

It's closed book for a reason. Yes ive heard that the exam was stupid, with questions worded incorrect...if this is the case let C&G deal with it - you'll probably end up with a free re-sit, if they deem the paper to be pathetic.

Well said, it never ceases to amaze me how some successful written canditates struggle with and fail the simple practical assessment where they are on their own

It is designed to sperate man from their moneys!

Used to be £800 for 2391, now it is £600 each! What a ripp off!!!!

hello i've just started revising for the 2394/2395 test. If you have any exam paper questions or any tips on revision. it would be much appreciated. thanks

They are pretty similar in the fact that the 2391 had 26questions and this had 6. Just been informed about it, apparantly there was a big question on earth electrode testing?

Just wondering,
1/ How many of you lot have actually done this test ?
2/ How many of you understand what you are measuring ?
3/ Do you realize that there is a four probe test method as well ?
4/ How many of you have the appropriate test equipment to do this test ?

I find it difficult to know how you might answer this question without first being shown how to test and why.

There is somewhere on this site a very good link to Meggers web site. There you will find a downloadable booklet/pdf called 'getting Down to Earth'. - All you need to know about testing for earth electrodes.......

Just wondering,
1/ How many of you lot have actually done this test ?
2/ How many of you understand what you are measuring ?
3/ Do you realize that there is a four probe test method as well ?
4/ How many of you have the appropriate test equipment to do this test ?

I find it difficult to know how you might answer this question without first being shown how to test and why.

There is somewhere on this site a very good link to Meggers web site. There you will find a downloadable booklet/pdf called 'getting Down to Earth'. - All you need to know about testing for earth electrodes.......

Honestly for the life of me can't understand why you've wrote that...

1) Yes.
2) Yes.
3) With regards to earth electrode testing then - Yes, anything else im afraid you'll have to enlighten me.
4) Yes.

I wasn't stating i'd just sat the exam, i know lads who have come out of their time last summer who are sitting it, and they had told me about it - and because the OP raised the exam, i thought id mention about the electrde question (whatever it was) that was apparantly so hard to answer.

+ There was no OP question to answer...

Honestly for the life of me can't understand why you've wrote that...

1) Yes.
2) Yes.
3) With regards to earth electrode testing then - Yes, anything else im afraid you'll have to enlighten me.
4) Yes.

I wasn't stating i'd just sat the exam, i know lads who have come out of their time last summer who are sitting it, and they had told me about it - and because the OP raised the exam, i thought id mention about the electrde question (whatever it was) that was apparantly so hard to answer.

+ There was no OP question to answer...

Primarily initiated by onions post and nobody thereon has addressed the fact that it does help if you have had hands on otherwise its just words on paper. And words on paper do not make a skilled craftsperson.......

I have just done the 2395 exam and it is a 6 question paper and you are given 1 1/2 hours in which to answer them. The 2394 is the same so fingers crossed I'll pass the pair of them.

How much did they cost you to do? as I was looking locally and they are £615.00 each for the 2394 , 2395 and 2396

Reply to 2394/2395 exams in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net