Discuss 400mm single core flex in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Maddison

As above Terminated 3phase and neutral 400mm XLPE with termite sheath today. So much better to work with than the standard XLPE.. Tomorow will be interesting, 16 300mm standard XLPE into the smallest busbar chamber.. I would upload photos but apparently normal users can't upload them at the moment lol does anyone know the cost difference between flex and stranded for that size ?

If you want access to the Electricians Arms then I don't see any reason you wouldn't qualify and as an Arms member your attachment issues would be over.

Check out this sticky, do the necessary and send me a PM.

As to cost difference, sorry, can’t help.

We never used super flexible at that size due to the issues of restraining it for fault current withstand.

I’ve used 7x500mm² stranded CU cambric or 7x600mm² 4sector solidal PVC/PVC for 1000KVA.
1500KVA then 7x960mm² 4 sector solidal PVC/PVC was used.
I’ve moved a couple of older transformers, 7x0.4”² PILC is fun to make off.

Whatever singles we used they were put in trefoil cleats for restraint.

I’d rather bend scaffold poles than the 960.

Reply to 400mm single core flex in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
We recently had a thread or two about some cables that were almost certainly tinned copper, but people continued to suspect they were aluminium...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock