Discuss 6kw sauna sharing cooker supply is it even a possibility?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

That situation is factored into the max load and diversity calcs so it shouldn't be a problem so long as the results of those calculations are adhered to and catered for. Both devices are thermostatically controlled so the principle is that the situation you describe is unlikely to persist for any great length of time. For the duration of that condition the installation should be able to take it.
[automerge]1586601726[/automerge]

The 18th standard is the 17th standard plus mods and extras. It's not a complete rewrite. My question was in relation to the mods and extras.
My point was if you fit a change over switch it is not possible to have them both on at the same time.

Dedicated circuit, there is no other solution IMO.

Some might say if a jobs worth doing, its worth doing wrong with a nail to short and a screw to long Cowboys. ha ha (who remembers that TV series in the 70's)

Dedicated circuit, there is no other solution IMO.

Some might say if a jobs worth doing, its worth doing wrong with a nail to short and a screw to long Cowboys. ha ha (who remembers that TV series in the 70's)

Used to love that as a kid. Watched one the other day on YouTube, and let's just say it haven't aged as well as some sitcoms!

Right this maybe a completely stupid idea....but, guy wants a 6kw pre built sauna in back garden. The fuseboard million miles to back of house so wiring new circuit would be a nightmare. But he does have a cooker supply right near back door of garden. I know it's deemed good practice to have cooker and sauna on own dedicated circuits but if come from cooker switch with adequate sized cable out to rotary switch for sauna and they was never used at same time could this not be a possibility? I have also heard mentioned before that in scenario like this a change over switch might be able to be used? And this would prevent both being used at same time. Could someone explain to me how this would work and how it would be installed. Thanks
Unless the sauna stove manufacturer recommends it the stove should not be installed with RCD protection because of water being thrown on the stones and elements will trip it frequently. See Harvia.fi for installation instructions.

Right this maybe a completely stupid idea....but, guy wants a 6kw pre built sauna in back garden. The fuseboard million miles to back of house so wiring new circuit would be a nightmare. But he does have a cooker supply right near back door of garden. I know it's deemed good practice to have cooker and sauna on own dedicated circuits but if come from cooker switch with adequate sized cable out to rotary switch for sauna and they was never used at same time could this not be a possibility? I have also heard mentioned before that in scenario like this a change over switch might be able to be used? And this would prevent both being used at same time. Could someone explain to me how this would work and how it would be installed. Thanks
Yes Correct Completely stupid idea

Reply to 6kw sauna sharing cooker supply is it even a possibility?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net