Discuss 70W CMH LED Replacement in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all, after some advice on the best product to replace several 70w cmh bulbs to and led equivalent. Currently have 8 cmh bulbs in a church which getting very hot and must be very inefficient so wanting to replace these for an led equivalent to hopefully save the church some money. Have looked at corn bulbs as they seem to provide a similar light output to the cmh but they look very industrail, especially with the low bay reflectors to keep the light down. Any input on the best way to go about this is very much appreciated.
Many thanks,
James R
20220502_104038.jpg
20220502_101919.jpg
20220502_104306.jpg

These are metal halide lamps? If so, contrary to your post above, they are not inefficient. Metal halide lamps have an efficiency of not much short of LED, so, unless there are problems with the existing lights, there's not much to be gained by replacing them with LED. Certainly, the payback time will be very long.
If they have to be changed, then no sane person would use metal halide in preference to LED, but IMHO, this is a case of if it isn't broken, don't fix it.

Reply to 70W CMH LED Replacement in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all. Slightly out of the ordinary, but I'm looking to replacing between 60 to 100 standard size E27 bulbs with LED equivalent. The catch is...
Replies
Views
This is the second set which won't work to replace the current spots here in my kitchen. All they do is flash once quickly. I'm replacing...
Replies
Views
I purchased a chandelier from Aliexpress (China) that came with bi pin G9 LED bulbs (3W equivalent) (pic attached). I asked the seller if this...
Replies
Views
I have two 4 inch recessed CLF 4 pin light cans installed in laundry room since 2012. The bulbs are fluctuating in brightness. I think the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, No electronic knowledge here. The plug/transformer of a led lightstring is fried. Now I am trying to find a replacement on Aliexpress...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock