Discuss Advice for new sparks in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I am a 20 year old with business experience (director), looking to branch out and go to college to do level 1, 2 and 3 qualifications to become an electrician. Getting into these colleges are a bit of a pain due to my lack of GCSE's however it's do able!

My question to you guys, is what route should I take? It's all a bit confusing, as there is a lot of information conflicting with each other.

you need to go to your local collage and they will advice you what your best option .
I have sent emails to all of my local colleges, thankfully we have about 10 colleges that are within 30 minutes from me.

Hi bud,what were you directing?
I am a director of my own business based in the UK. Marketing/digital agency that are online based. It's doing very well! However I cannot sit still, always willing to learn new things and put my hand to things that take my interest.

Hi bud,excuse my ignorance in matters of the new age,but what exactly is "marketing digital agency" ?

what about a knitting course.
Sounds like a plan!

Hi bud,excuse my ignorance in matters of the new age,but what exactly is "marketing digital agency" ?
We run advertising campaigns for businesses. These campaign's are for Facebook advertising, google PPC and much more. Creative branding, in short design a brand that is well suited for the business, ensuring it's up to the clients demands.
Search Engine Optimisation, you name it.. we do it! All out digital business.

Common route these days I believe is the 2365 LV 2 and lv3, then onto 18th edit., 2391. Then anything else that takes your fancy really. Best speaking to your college(s) though.

Sounds like a plan!

We run advertising campaigns for businesses. These campaign's are for Facebook advertising, google PPC and much more. Creative branding, in short design a brand that is well suited for the business, ensuring it's up to the clients demands.
Search Engine Optimisation, you name it.. we do it! All out digital business.

Thank you for the explanation. As someone who has never been on Facebook,nor never would,i find i lot of the social media stuff a bit intangible. Most usually,anything prefaced with "Eco","Digital" or "Smart",is smoke and mirrors,and code for sales speak.

I wish you well,with the noble trade you are interested in,and i hope the forum can offer up some worthwhile assistance. The technical side,you may not struggle with,having already been immersed in the wonderful world of IT. However,the dealing with people and problems in front of you,will be a step change,from the remoteness of a computer console.

I have had friends make the change,from office or supervisory type careers,to SE trades,and they have all said,it was similar to moving from flying a military drone....to trench,bayonet warfare ;)

Reply to Advice for new sparks in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net