Discuss Advice on outside spot light in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mutley racers

Hi guys, i am wondering if you can help. I have a garage at the back of my house which is powered by a 2.5mm 2 core and earth from the consumer unit protected by an rcd. It has lights on 2 sides of the garage, but not the side that faces the garden. I am wanting to put some kind of light in so i am able to see during the winter to carry on gardening after 4pm.

My garage is in the corner of the garden and my garden is 90square metres

Any advice on a single light that could light up my garden and make it visible for me to carry on working in?

Thanks guys

I really appreciate your help

Regards

Mutley

There are a lot of environmental controls now concerning outside lighting and I believe that you are restricted now on the power of the lamp I'm not 100% sure but I think in a domestic situation it can not be over 100watt for incandescent or 26watt for compact fluorescent, there are also shading problems that the light can not leech outside the property.

It may pay you to contact your local council for better guides. To get around the wattage situation you could try LED lights, but they are very expensive, or perhaps 2 or 3 lights spread around

hello mutley.

head on over to an electrical supplier and pick up one of those catalogue books for lighting outdoors.. Theres normally a wide range of catalogues and items of lighting you can choose from.. Ull often find an electrician in there aswel who will be able to help you..

gd luck.

Nick.

Metal Halide are quite efficient and therefore bright for your wattage. They start off at 70W which would prob do the trick, they give off a crisp bright white light too (unless you buy a green or magenta one !)

Reply to Advice on outside spot light in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net