Discuss Are fire collars required in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

weep

As above, installing PIV (positive Input Ventilation) systems in council properties, we have been putting fire collars in the 4" hole that we core for the for the outlet, someone was saying that its not required.
Can anyone with building regs experience confirm this at all.
Its in Scotland btw :).

please explain council properties ( as in council offices) if yes they are required, as soon as they go from one floor to another or through a fire wall fire stop both sides

I fit them if the core cut is through a fire rated wall or a ceiling with another habitual space above it. As for the atmosphere duct line and core then no need as far as I'm aware

mine old eyse read it as fur collars. and i thought, yep, it's bloody cold.

please explain council properties ( as in council offices) if yes they are required, as soon as they go from one floor to another or through a fire wall fire stop both sides

as in your residential run of the mill council house.
im not going through any change of level, inlet duct runs through kitchen and is cored into cupboard in hall where the PIV unit is mounted, and then cored and ducted into hallway. iv just been fitting them in the hallway core.

as in your residential run of the mill council house.
im not going through any change of level, inlet duct runs through kitchen and is cored into cupboard in hall where the PIV unit is mounted, and then cored and ducted into hallway. iv just been fitting them in the hallway core.

single story/ normal house and tricky subject i would say no unless ceilings are fire rated plaster board etc

Got me thinking. What about on new builds when installing in-line extractor fans? When cutting 100mm hole in ceiling for the grill. anything required there in case of fire?

Reply to Are fire collars required in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net