Discuss Best screwdriver for roofing bolts? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

millwall ken ... yeah i'm definitely not an apprentice! unlike MOST members of the forum I'm not so egotistic to be afraid to ask questions on the forum as well as answer them! I thought that maybe someone had come across such a toll where as a screwdriver has two flat blades at 180 degrees from the other.

After all sometimes even if we have been doing things the same way for years, there may be a better way out there that someone else is pracising, Thats what the forum is all about aint it?!

There seems to be a hell of a lot of the 'regulars' on here who seem to be able to answer every post but never seem to post any questions!

Wish I was so knowledgeable!!!

I guess a small part of it is that knowledge comes with experience. If I'm still in the trade 30 years from now my guess is that I won't be asking questions but answering those of newcomers. However, yes, you are right, there are egomaniacs on this forum but most of us know who they are and tend not to even bother reading their posts. Back on topic though, get yourself a modulo mate. I'm guessing you know what that is yeah? (I mean that in the least patronising way possible :))

millwall ken ... yeah i'm definitely not an apprentice! unlike MOST members of the forum I'm not so egotistic to be afraid to ask questions on the forum as well as answer them! I thought that maybe someone had come across such a toll where as a screwdriver has two flat blades at 180 degrees from the other.

After all sometimes even if we have been doing things the same way for years, there may be a better way out there that someone else is pracising, Thats what the forum is all about aint it?!

There seems to be a hell of a lot of the 'regulars' on here who seem to be able to answer every post but never seem to post any questions!

Wish I was so knowledgeable!!!

No mate, to the best of my knowledge NO such tool has yet been invented. In actual fact, the last time that a tool was invented, purely for our trade, probably was THE bush key.

I guess a small part of it is that knowledge comes with experience. If I'm still in the trade 30 years from now my guess is that I won't be asking questions but answering those of newcomers. However, yes, you are right, there are egomaniacs on this forum but most of us know who they are and tend not to even bother reading their posts. Back on topic though, get yourself a modulo mate. I'm guessing you know what that is yeah? (I mean that in the least patronising way possible :))
Yeah the CK screwdrivers for terminals etc

all i was saying really is that I bet there are some of the regulars on here that are really wanting to ask things at times but would not do so on here because they fear it will ruin their reputation

Oh right mate I thought it was the hammer and screwdriver, for chapping bushes, you know?

OH I see... YOU thought that I was taking the p***? Well I wasn't. Sorry mate, if thats how it came across. That wasn't my intention. I've just noticed that you are in fact a regular contributor. I was offering genuine advice to you mate, and NOT mugging you off. I hope that this will settle this matter, and that you are NOT just trolling, and looking for a row. This is NOT what this forum is about mate.

believe you me mate i aint 'trolling' for a row. I'm sure there are more people on here than just me who have the opinions I have expressed. Fair enough there are a lot of sparks on the forum who have excellent experience and knowledge and I appreciate anyone who answers any question and sharing their experience with us, but you are not telling me that every one of them goes to every job and breezes every one. It's the nature of the job that there will occasionally be the odd headscratcher and I am convinced that there are a few on here who would be apprehensive to ask for other people's opinions on any electrical matter due to the fact that they have built up a cyber ego on this forum and fel like they would be hindering their respect from other regulars.

I'd absolutely love to watch some of these sparks actually AT work. In fact some of the people on here spend so much time on here that I sometimes doubt that they even have a job!

God bless

believe you me mate i aint 'trolling' for a row. I'm sure there are more people on here than just me who have the opinions I have expressed. Fair enough there are a lot of sparks on the forum who have excellent experience and knowledge and I appreciate anyone who answers any question and sharing their experience with us, but you are not telling me that every one of them goes to every job and breezes every one. It's the nature of the job that there will occasionally be the odd headscratcher and I am convinced that there are a few on here who would be apprehensive to ask for other people's opinions on any electrical matter due to the fact that they have built up a cyber ego on this forum and fel like they would be hindering their respect from other regulars.

I'd absolutely love to watch some of these sparks actually AT work. In fact some of the people on here spend so much time on here that I sometimes doubt that they even have a job!

God bless

Where abouts in Londonistan are you out of anyway? I'm in Dulwich.

Reply to Best screwdriver for roofing bolts? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net