Search the forum,

Discuss Blown cutters in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools

-
Official Sponsor
Reaction score
We have received these back from a grateful Electrician and wondered if there are any more examples out there for our collection?
Unfortunately he was injured (but not electrocuted) - the flash caused him to jump and bang his head on a pipe
Any images would be great - Thanks

Attachments

• Blown jaws.jpg
    751.1 KB · Views: 172
i would have bought the snips weith the cable stripper holes factory made.

the flash caused him to jump and bang his head on a pipe

sue the fat plumber for fitting the pipe there.

you see how that coating starts coming off, thats one thing i dont like about these cutters. i love using them but they just dont seem to last. knipex are a chrome looking finish and never get this flaking. i wish ck would make these cutters in the finish of knipex lol. i can send you back my 2 pairs i go through a year if you like! you did send me a free pair in that feedback thing so i suppose i will let you off lol :)

I'll be the first idiot to admit to not following safe isolation procedure. Snipped through a 1.5mm twin and earth feeding a light fitting. Light circuit was isolated, but the cable was tapped from a hidden jb on the upstairs socket circuit.
The vde handles did their job but the blades didn't stand a chance.
Incedently, I could do with a pair to replace these if there are any going spare Mr CK tools ? :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMAG0376.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 83
  • IMAG0377.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 82
I can see the pieces of copper still welded to the cutting surfaces. It's funny because if you ask a coded welder to weld copper to toolsteel he'll tell you it can't be done. Welders have got a lot they could learn from electricians who don't test for isolation

Andy78, I did exactly the same once, they went flying out my hand and pointy end into the plasterer's boy head.
'Err. I'm bleeding', says he, wandering off rubbing his head. Hahahaha....

I once vaporised 6" of 14SWG wire by cutting both leads of LiPo battery. That got my heart going as I thought the battery was going to explode and it was sitting on my dining room table......

was funny when a mate of mine done live test and shorted his test lead with a earth tag haha the state of it was shockin will have to get a pic of it:p

Reply to Blown cutters in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net