Discuss cctv no picture in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

georges

I have been asked to have a look at a cctv that has got no picture on the tv. This is the first time I have done any thing like this so any help would be much appreicated.I dont no the make as yet but have been told that after purchased it would not work so sent it back and was sent a new which still wont work.also a tv man has had a look but cant get any picture.

Find the camera power supply and check the fuse hasn't gone. Check the usual stuff like the client hasn't just pushed the wrong button on the monitor and just changed the channel! Check the connections on the video cables, the connectors will probably be bnc's the thing to look for with these is that the ground/screen (copper sheath around the coax cable) isn't touching the coax, however if the camera has been working then the chances this will be fine.

If the fuse hasn't gone check for power at the camera end of the cable.

My money is on a fuse in the power supply

1stcheck for 12v on the camera end.then with a multimeter on ohms, check continuity of the coax by shorting out one end and meter inner to outer at other end. then remove short and check that there's no continuity between outer and inner. make sure the connections are all in nthe right holes in dvr., monitor, etc.

The word is IF the camera has been working, ask if it has ever worked first. If the cctv goes through a splitter then i believe it must have a modulator in line but you need to see the manufacturers instructions.. Try connecting the camera direct to the tv with no antenna coax. Good luck.

test the camera with a test monitor if ok,use a known working camera and plug it into the dvr/monitor,check the obvious before looking for power or cable faults..

Reply to cctv no picture in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net