Discuss CCU Brand in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, Could someone tell me what make this is? And where to purchase. Thanks
773445FE-E7AD-44F0-9CB8-F8C06C2B10F7.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Im going to be pedantic... sorry

Yes its a Lewden consumer unit (CU) as apposed to a CCU as you call it in the thread title.... which is a Cooker Control Unit

Im not perfect myself, normally calling a carbon monoxide detector a Co2 alarm... which is a different gas altogether.

Yes its a Lewden consumer unit (CU) as apposed to a CCU as you call it in the thread title.... which is a Cooker Control Unit

Except in any C&G exam or coursework, a CU is always referred to as a CCU (consumers control unit) these days.

I think CU and CCU are both 'correct' terminology, it's just that CCU tends to be the term used by the newly qualified, tutors or those who do design/drawing work.

I always got taught a consumers control unit was a panel board/section board/busbar chamber assembly etc with it being a MCCU if it was the only or main one.

A distribution board or consumer unit was generally associated with final circuits.

It’s maybe a regional thing. I was just told (time and again) that a consumer unit was domestic board.... for the homeowner, or consumer, to use.

a distribution board was more industrial... SP or 3P and could serve other sub main distribution boards

WRTYUIOP[]Qloppppolp[;o B-- sw
fiwc
[automerge]1594998624[/automerge]
soz.was wiping keyboard.

Reply to CCU Brand in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Guys, Wondering what you good people would recommend to replace/upgrade this flush mounted CCU. Cheers
Replies
Views
I'm working on a 'what brand is this mcb, what works with it, who sold it, this brand is made by...." type thing and could use hive mind input At...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm looking at putting some warm white LED strip (3000k) in aluminium profile under some kitchen cabinets, so just looking for...
Replies
Views
Not something I use often, but I've got to install additional terminals to I can link out to other enclosures... Stupidly I've left work and...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, Can anyone recommend a reliable brand for emergency lighting bulkheads please? I have a job coming up to replace 30 odd units. I have...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock