Discuss Changing 2 gang light switch to smart dimmer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aidan364

DIY
Reaction score
Hi all, I am upgrading my traditional 2 gang light switch in the kitchen to a smart 2 gang dimmer switch. When I wired up the switch the switch was constantly on and wouldn't turn off.

The traditional switch was wired be one wire into common. One into L1 then the other switch was wired the same way on the left hand side with a jumper cable between the two common terminals. I wired the new switch exactly the same.

Would anyone have advice as to what I might be doing wrong

Apologies for the delay in responding, this thread seems to have slipped past us all.

As with a lot of smart switch questions, it’s best if you can post photos.
One of the old switch connections and one of the new switch, from the back showing the terminals.
Any wiring diagram that comes with it too.

There are so many different brands and configurations, it really can help.

Saying that, the most obvious question is, does the smart switch require a neutral to operate?
Some do, some don’t…. And the ones that don’t require a filament bulb as the load… they don’t always work through LED or fluorescent

Reply to Changing 2 gang light switch to smart dimmer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Strange on this, we are wiring an extension at the moment and I would like to 3 way the (currently 2 way) landing switch to the new bedroom so...
Replies
Views
Hi, in my bedroom i had a 2 gang dimmer that powered 2 set of 3 spot lights and also had passthrough wires to other sockets. Im changing to just...
Replies
Views
Is the following set up possible with a 3 Gang 2 Way Smart Wifi Switch set up (the black glass type touch ones) One of the 3 switches, switches...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to install 3 meross smart switches for 3 lights: entrance switch: only 1 gang but 3 way switch bedroom switch: 2 gang (1 is 1...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I've moved into a flat and I've decided to replace the original electric switches and sockets with white ones. I've done them all...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock