Discuss Claim Back Your PPI in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Paul.M

-
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
Recently I made a claim for my PPI on an old loan that I had about ten years ago and I was amazed how easy it was to do (kind of). No need to use one of those companies that charge 30% of your winnings, you can do it all yourself with the advice and link below. Here is what you do:-

1. Find out which loans or credit cards you have/had PPI on. This can be done by phoning or writing to the loan provider. You are entitled to all account information regarding your loan under the data protection act 1988 and the company can only charge up to a max of £10 to retrieve your account agreement but most don’t charge at all.

2. Look at ALL the information on this web site:- Reclaim PPI for Free: £1,000s for mis-sold insurance... and make a claim by phone or better still in writing and use the template letters that are on the above site. Very important that you state the reason why you believe that you are entitled to your money back so read the reasons list carefully to build your case. Once you have submitted your claim sit back and wait about 8 weeks for the loan companies decision.

3. Only two ways it can go at this stage, (A) They make you an offer and if you agree with it sit back and wait a maximum 28 days for a cheque. (B) They reject your claim, if you want to take it further you can through the ombudsman. Info on the above site and there will be a booklet with the rejection letter on what to do next. You only have 6 months to appeal so do not delay and don’t be held up by the company if they try and slow you down on this. (rare but it happens).

I did this myself and yesterday I put a cheque in the bank for over £4,500!!! Just in time for Christmas, happy days. If I can do it so can you and it would have broken my heart to pay a third part company 30% £1,350 to do this on my behalf for something I did myself in about 3 hours.

Get claiming gents, it’s your money after all and lets face it, who is rich enough to turn down free money lol. I will help out with any questions that you may have but I may direct you to the web site above for the questions I cant answer, they are the experts, I’m not.

Good luck and get claiming.

Paul M

Reply to Claim Back Your PPI in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net