Discuss Contactum TP DB - Defender B in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Just seeing if anyone else fits these ..... Contactum TP DB - Defender B ?

Fit their consumer units all the time/ decent solid bit of kit, but having bit of an issue with above.

Cheers Sy

Sorry delay coming back Guys.....appreciate your replies.

Cant see how the breaker hooks onto the back plate (din rail), it's about 10mm away ?
Currently clamped just onto busbar pins, floating which isn't right !

IMG_7808.jpeg

I have seen "half DIN rail" arrangements before where only one side is on the support rail and other held by busbar, but I have to agree with @westward10 that the photo above looks completely unacceptable!

Sorry delay coming back Guys.....appreciate your replies.

Cant see how the breaker hooks onto the back plate (din rail), it's about 10mm away ?
Currently clamped just onto busbar pins, floating which isn't right !

View attachment 106379

Do you have a picture from the front?

It looks like there is a bit missing from the board, there should be a metal strip in there that forms one half of a din rail.

You can just see the bottom of it here.
IMG_20230225_103031.jpg

There we go!! fookin missing rail (just got my lad who's fitting it to send me photo)
Can see screw hole bottom right where it fixings into.

Gonna be a nice job trying to retro fit that now 🙈 After he's made reasonable job (luckily not chopped off cable ties yet)
Should have waited until resolved but as usual in a rush to get powered up
c64cf940-d770-4e7e-8456-3faf192a327b.jpeg

Not a huge job to add it in after... if its a replicable part... should just screw on.

Tidy job, just need to unscrew breakers from the busbar, add the rail and put back. The breakers will hang on the cables no problem.
(might need to number each breaker on the side as you take them out... just so they go back in the same place.

Those blanks will have no fixing whatsoever just now. They hang on the din rail (that isnt there) and slip over the busbar. In fact... don't they need a full rail to clip onto?

Those blanks will have no fixing whatsoever just now. They hang on the din rail (that isnt there) and slip over the busbar. In fact... don't they need a full rail to clip onto?

As far as I can remember contactum blanks are a snug fit onto the busbar so they will stay there quite well without the din rail.

Reply to Contactum TP DB - Defender B in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net