Discuss Cowboy Electrician or not? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

killerking

Hi

I am seeking some advise not sure if i you can help or point me in the right direction,

I have had some electrical work done in my council home, the council stated they need an niceic contractor to carry out the works and to provide a electrical installtion cert with part p.

I used someone from mybuilder.com who claims he his niceic reg and has his part p,the work has been completed, he said he will send me the certs through the post but after reading forums etc i getting a bit worried as he was supposed to provide me with these certs there and then, so i getting worried now as 1. is the work safe and 2.i need this certs to provide to the local council to pass the work off, i havent had anything through the post as yet and i have send a message on mybuilder.com, what shall i do is there anyway to check if this person is niceic registered?
Thanks

mycowboy.com

:) local council housing authority guru questioned my Elecsa status when doing work for a tennant!! after 30 second chat he was up to speed and said oh well its about time the NIC had competition, he than asked who they were associated with and i said hmmm they are owned by the ECA and he was made up to the hilt, even told him about B GAS been eca and elecsa and he went away with my card

Yes he has been paid, i typed his company name in google and i get a buisness address etc so i do know where they are, when the work was complete i asked him '' what do i need of you paper wise'' he said '' nothing'' i said i need some form of certs, when i asked about part p he said he will send it through the post. The works carried out where, consumer unit moving to different wall insatlltion of double plug and light.

Hum, oh well lets hope he comes good and sends you the cert.

FYI I raise the cert(s) at the same time as the invoices -maybe ask this next time you're looking for a sparky

Reply to Cowboy Electrician or not? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net