Discuss Devices Randomly turn off and back on quickly in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I’m very confused I don’t know much about electric and looking for help.

My TV, Microwave, and HVAC randomly turn off for a second then come back on.

My TV, Soundbar and tv lights are on one outlet and breaker
Microwave on its own breaker
HVAC on its own breaker

This happened about 3 times once like 3 weeks ago, once last week and then today like an hour ago.

TV has been on since like 12pm with no issues. I’m very confused on what’s going on.

Sounds like a problem with the main feed or return neutral before the circuits are split up through breakers.

If everything is tight in the panel, it might be a problem with the cables outside, and would need the supply company to test.

Get an electrician in to check the house.

Some appliances will shut down completely with a momentary power loss…. Others may not and keep working, so you just wouldn’t notice if they lost power for a fraction of a second.

Enquire with your neighbours and see if they have similar issues if so it is probably a power transient issue from you power providers, if your neighbours have not noticed any issues then may be a idea to get someone to check your distribution board and associated connections for a lose common wire to these circuits.

I’m very confused I don’t know much about electric and looking for help.

My TV, Microwave, and HVAC randomly turn off for a second then come back on.

My TV, Soundbar and tv lights are on one outlet and breaker
Microwave on its own breaker
HVAC on its own breaker

This happened about 3 times once like 3 weeks ago, once last week and then today like an hour ago.

TV has been on since like 12pm with no issues. I’m very confused on what’s going on.
There is several things that could cause this and as stated above it could possibly be a loose connection on 1 of your phases in either the panel or meter base or possibly the power company is having issues on their side. I agree with @littlespark that you need to get an electrician to check thins on your house. Good luck and welcome to the forum

Reactions: DPG

Reply to Devices Randomly turn off and back on quickly in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net