Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Standfast the clear typo mistake, the key word in the label's text is the verb 'should':

Does should mean required?

Should means a procedure is recommended. Should means that a certain feature, component and/or action is desirable but not mandatory.

Last edited:
One I saw today, client lost the cover about 5 years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0391.jpg
    598.4 KB · Views: 145
And the bus bar shield….

You see that switch to the left? Over there… half brown, half blue?? You want to get a good grip of that and flick it down…. Then lock it off!
There are two other CUs hanging off that though.
What I do find shocking is that a smart meter was fitted last year.

There are two other CUs hanging off that though.
What I do find shocking is that a smart meter was fitted last year.
Meters fitters will just fit the new meter , they don't even look at the existing consumer unit or its condition , not their job

Meters fitters will just fit the new meter , they don't even look at the existing consumer unit or its condition , not their job
The meter is about a foot away you couldn't help but see the condition of that CU they also fitted the isolator, in my book they should have refused the connection to at least that CU.

“Can you come have a look at my electrics? I’ve had no power since this morning…”

3D302FDF-5407-4C90-BADD-D939E073B179.jpeg

I pulled the fuse, nothing left of it.
The yellow taped up cable is lead, everything else is pvc.

This is what’s under the tape.
622FDA5D-11D9-4A36-B250-5560FD8DB8B2.jpeg

Looks like it’s been damaged in the past, and someone has tried to link the lead with a bit of earth wire.

I’m getting 40ohms between the lead sheath and the red core.
Repair I think is possible, full rewire is cost prohibitive for the 80 year old customer, but I will be recommending a rewire of that circuit and a new board, smoke detectors as needed.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock