Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Seen this many times, quickest solution is to turn the socket upside down, on some single back boxes with the 4 fixing points you can turn the socket sideways, not pretty but a temporary fix till the socket position can be altered.

Plenty of ways to sort the issue, but I mentioned it because it's hard to understand how someone might ever have thought it was a good idea.

Hmm, I think I'd better change those tails.
1638816475938.png
1638816525228.png

Did a wiring check last Monday where the landlord and his dad 'did all the work'
20211129_122347 - Copy.jpg

The father (now 80 year old) told me he had 2 EICR's before that passed.
I told him- that's great, can I get a copy of the EICR for reference in my report
Next line- 'Oh my son has moved house, I think they will be lost'
20211129_122944 - Copy.jpg

Nice taped joint here with the added bonus of the casing not secured to the pump.

The old guy got cheeky with the lad who stays there (the tenant's son) because he pointed out the eaves where the additional consumer unit is because he did not want me 'finding things'

Properties like this are the reason EICR's were made mandatory for rentals

Did a wiring check last Monday where the landlord and his dad 'did all the work'
View attachment 92687

The father (now 80 year old) told me he had 2 EICR's before that passed.
I told him- that's great, can I get a copy of the EICR for reference in my report
Next line- 'Oh my son has moved house, I think they will be lost'
View attachment 92688

Nice taped joint here with the added bonus of the casing not secured to the pump.

The old guy got cheeky with the lad who stays there (the tenant's son) because he pointed out the eaves where the additional consumer unit is because he did not want me 'finding things'

Properties like this are the reason EICR's were made mandatory for rentals

Very thorough network system though by the looks of it.

Agree all the exposed copper looks tarnished and the 15A on the left of the 40A looks to not have an original terminals screw.
Not has the job I went to day, where was the back box for the two sockets it disintegrated hang off the wall was the socket face front,damp had eaten it away.

Attachments

• IMG_20211206_131321.jpg
    851 KB · Views: 107
It looks as though the middle two N connections at the meter are the opposite was around to normal, somewhat adding to the confusion.
From left to right at meter I think we have supply L, load N, supply N, load L.
Is there any main earthing going to the switched fuses on the left?

It looks as though the middle two N connections at the meter are the opposite was around to normal, somewhat adding to the confusion.
From left to right at meter I think we have supply L, load N, supply N, load L.
Is there any main earthing going to the switched fuses on the left?
Yes… main earthing is just bare copper, hidden behind the red and blacks.

As farm installations go, that looks pretty tidy and safe 😱
As to main fuse, can't see how it's moved given the way the cables lie and all the seals are in place.

Got to love a farm job, some of them just amaze and confuse for a few minutes until you get your head round what is actually going on!😄

This is a 1940ish mill that is split phase 480v, it was put in second hand here in 1967 and worked till 2002 when the original hand operated panel packed up and was replaced with this brook and worked up until this morning now won't run! Panel is as I found it, yes without the lid. Lad was using a plastic pipe to press the start button!😱
IMG_20211210_1459170.jpg

IMG_20211210_1200452.jpg
IMG_20211210_1428081.jpg

IMG_20211210_1445348.jpg
IMG_20211210_1425136.jpg

Love the last few pics. If I'd carried a camera with me over the last three decades, i could have posted dozens like that and worse. Not at all unusual to find starters with missing covers and dedicated pieces of plastic pipe or a screwdriver alongside them for pushing the buttons, or even wooden wedges for holding contactors with dud control circuits in the 'on' position.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock