Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

brown to the right
blue to the left
and anything else in the middle.

it was a rime that someone taught my wife many many years ago to help her wire a plug.
she uses it to tease me anytime I am reading instructions or wondering how to wire something up.

The last time she used it was when i was wiring a panel for a small automatic machine, the wire count was over 1000 with 300 or so going off to external switches, actuators, buttons etc.
there I am tracing 30 core cables to label them and put them in the right place and she came to "help" with her advice, good job she is my wife coz the apprentice would have had a much worse response!!

and the smaller cables coming out of the henly click boxes protected only by DNO fuse.

I reckon it's the coloured cable ties that are wrong, not the tape. Meter looks newer than the blocks.
Most meters, the phase in is left, phase out is right.
N in and out is normally in the middle left and right as per the lives.
however the N are normally just jointed in a short bus bar with a fly lead for the meter electronics.

Got called out to check central heating wiring today:

heating.jpg

isn't not also reverse polarity?
Correct.

Reverse polarity, undersized tails to a EV charge point & upside down connector blocks.

This was done when a EV charger was installed. The guy said the installer made a right mess and he had a load of issue since and they wouldn’t come back.

I thought no one could be that stupid to cross the polarity. But they had. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock