Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

where are you buying your rubber cable from? i need some for a listed building and the surveyor has specced VIR 7/029 for the sockets.

edit: oopps, just found out that the surveyor passed away peacefully in his drunken stupor 1954.
You could take SC's post a couple of ways, and I'm not brave enough to put print what is on my mind, no offence intended SC.

where are you buying your rubber cable from? i need some for a listed building and the surveyor has specced VIR 7/029 for the sockets.

edit: oopps, just found out that the surveyor passed away peacefully in his drunken stupor 1954.[/QUOT
You could take SC's post a couple of ways, and I'm not brave enough to put print what is on my mind, no offence intended SC.

Trust me, it's the not the way @pirate is hinting at... I hate the smell of rubber and the talc you need to get it on... It ends up like polyfilla with the sweat ;)

Job today. The lady customer had a plumber as an ex who kindly installed the shower in their house. The shower was getting changed so she called me with some queries about his advice to "use either the shower or cooker, but not both at once"

Yes it's doubled up with the cooker circuit
Yes it's only switched in the line conductor
Yes that really is a 6A SP pull switch

2018-09-05 10.04.09.jpg

2018-09-05 13.47.59.jpg

2018-09-05 13.49.27.jpg

2018-08-28 14.06.52.jpg

Was working somewhere yesterday, another electrician was on site installing a new circuit. The neutral and earth wires are just jammed in the nearest empty terminal too.
20180905_145822.jpg

They went home leaving the cover off of the DB, it is in a room accessed by quite a few people.

Same room, cable drilled and repaired with a bit of tape.
20180905_150054.jpg

Found this bundle of joy spurred off a kitchen rfc. It used to power the garage, but last year the garage was converted to a utility room (not me, honest :)) with the boiler and 2 double outlets. The double outlets have a washer, a dryer and an iron plugged in...

IMG_1175.JPG

Last edited:
I don't disagree, but in fairness here I reckon it's been cooking above 13A. He admitted he's changed the fuse "a few times" and you can see the screw head marks. I've explained what's happening and warned not to run more than one thing at a time. Not interested in a proper fix :( .

Yeah, definitely a bit above normal load that ! Boiler, washer, dryer, and many many more :)

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock