Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

My own dodgy pic…
Only socket circuit is dismantled to find faulting section. CU other end of house a long way away. All 18v batteries flat. Needed a multi-tool.
Had a mains multi-tool with me. No extension lead.
Options were rigging up builders board and running 16A cables….or…..misusing some kit…
48A92BA7-092B-4D13-8F23-2DAC670CF8BB.jpeg

(The DIY adapter dates back several years to a Robin plug in RCD tester and wanting to use probes to test an RCBO)

A few pictures from today’s encounters

A garden install of consumer unit and double socket🤣(it’s been tripping out the house, wonder why)

and another cable repair job

Attachments

• CBC54E57-7DB5-41CB-9827-E35683970FC8.jpeg
    813.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 80833B0A-7041-4477-B24A-A89129A530E5.jpeg
    410.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 67C43A0D-9516-4444-9D59-B0947D08B813.jpeg
    269.4 KB · Views: 100
Really odd set up the cabling went from the consumer unit over the fence and into the garage behind supplying lighting and another double socket in 1mm t&e which the owner has been plugging a 13A EV car charging lead into 🙄

I bet it's an old guy who did that.

There's a gas pipe going into that socket!
People have some weird ideas. Not much work on so give the lads paint and brushes to make things look a bit tidier and that's the result....It doesn't cover up the sh8te standard of work of the additions and alterations, though. It's a few years back now but some RCD sockets had to be changed after being painted over.

Attachments

• IMG_0360.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1454.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1456.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0467.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 44
I do some work at a couple sport centres and when it has been quiet instead of the staff sitting around picking their ears they have been painting all the door frames , conduits , surface trunkings and ever light switches and sockets BLUE to match the walls 🙃

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock