Discuss Electric cooker wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Clint Gaskell

Here's the problem if anyone can help.
Currently have gas hob and separate gas oven. Coming from the cooker isolation switch on the wall and fed down a cavity to below the kick boards is a heavy duty 3 core 13 amp feed with a 4 socket metal extension which I think is fused, this supplies cooker hood fan, hood light and ignition on hob using 3 separate 13 amp plugs.

I now want to replace the gas oven with electric which means I have to disconnect the extension from cooker isolater in order to wire the cooker, without installing new 13 amp isolater switch, is there anyway of piggy backing these 3 devices to run off the cooker circuit?
Ive no other way of connecting hood fan, light and hob ignition without ripping the wall apart to install a new isolater switch.
Thanks

Sorry I should have posted this in DIY electrical, at least I don't rip people off just because I've served my time and think the world owes me something

Sorry I should have posted this in DIY electrical, at least I don't rip people off just because I've served my time and think the world owes me something

We have regulations to follow and a responsibility to ensure the safety of the installation. If you feel that a price you get from an electrician is too much or they want to do unnecessary work then you can simply ask them to explain what they are proposing and why.

We all know there are some cowboys out there, and the title 'domestic installer' is often a sure sign of this, but please do not tar all of us with the same brush.

Probably best to ask this question in the DIY section Clint, although I think the best advice has already been given. You do really need to get an electrician in.

Last edited:
Sorry I should have posted this in DIY electrical, at least I don't rip people off just because I've served my time and think the world owes me something ��
Nor do you have steep overheads and expensive test equipment that needs regular calibration. You don't have the need to regularly pay through the nose to keep your qualifications up to date. You don't have to pay a parasitic scheme so you can have the privilege of doing the job you were trained to do as a boy. You don't have to carry the burden of several £million of insurances.
Other than that you're good to go mate now do us all a favour and (I'm sure you can guess the rest of that sentence)

Clint I am closing this thread because I can see no good coming from it, if you are not an electrician then you clearly shouldn't be doing the work simple as that.

Reply to Electric cooker wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net