Discuss Electrical Construction and Maintenance in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

jjcale

-
Reaction score
Hi all

I was just wondering how someone with construction experience like myself (only 2 years so far) could get into the maintenance side of electrical work. I was told at college to do the full course for eg level 2 & 3, 17th edition etc as this would equip you with enough knowledge to do maintenance work as opposed to doing a maintenance course. I have had job offers in the maintenance field but cause i have never filled a position like this before i was turned down and there seems to be alot more maintenance work out there then construction.

I take it its just down to many years experience as an electrician? Any help is appreciated

Cheers

Years ago when i was doing 2330, im sure i remember someone on the same course as me but working to at different syllabus....i.e. it wasn't the 2330 level2 and level3 he was doing, it was some proper electrical maintenance qualification at level 2 and level 3.

Ring the colleges and enquire about a maintenance electricians course..........and if im wrong, and you look like a clown i appologise in advance :biggrin:

Welcome to the forum buddy + Happy Christmas / New Year.

Reply to Electrical Construction and Maintenance in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello to everyone. I have just joined and hope to get a lot of info from members here. I have been in the industry sense my early days in the...
Replies
Views
Alright everyone, Got a question and looking for some of your opinions. My brother is a qualified electrician and I'll be asking him the same when...
Replies
Views
Good morning everyone, Thanks for having me! I was an apprentice from May 2008- August 2009 gaining my Level 2 certificate in Electrical...
Replies
Views
Evening all, Just a quick question, I am an electrical maintenance engineer and have 18th edition, inspection and testing and so on, so I get...
Replies
Views
R
I Need Work Looking for work
Hi, I am looking for work or to work with a qualified electrician who is patient or is willing to have a helper who can become just as good in a...
Replies
Views
Ravenday
R

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back