Discuss electrical wiring help - thanks :) in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

What are you testing for voltage with?

This may be the 2nd thread in a week with a blown up neon screwdriver loool.

The trouble is electri there is more than 1 combination that could be possible from your photograph and without actually being there and testing the wiring and determining the method in use(30 second job with voltage meter for an electrician), we could be offering advice that could offer the real chance of you getting hurt.

It's like trying to smell a picture of a flower if you know what I mean..............

i have pics of exactly how it was connected before

if u want to be sarcastic thats fine however I still believe that one could try to make himself look like something special when I personally think this can be easy if someone wanted to expalin,

got results on youtube already will post tonight becuase Im not letting thisone go,

on way to doing it, for all those who think its life and death please dont make me laugh.....

- - - Updated - - -

This may be the 2nd thread in a week with a blown up neon screwdriver loool.

The trouble is electri there is more than 1 combination that could be possible from your photograph and without actually being there and testing the wiring and determining the method in use(30 second job with voltage meter for an electrician), we could be offering advice that could offer the real chance of you getting hurt.

It's like trying to smell a picture of a flower if you know what I mean..............

its fine read above, I think I solved it :)

backed up by health and safety

Oh yes, I spend nearly 500 a year to be in 2 H&E organisations and have regular tool box talks with my advisor and we have a H&E manual and do risk assessments for every job, we take H&E and the safety of the public very seriously :wink_smile:

ok Ill tell you what, I will check youtube and a few other sources and then get back to you guys and if I fail I fail and you are all right because you think I need to call a spark but I dont think anyone here could read what I needed....

explaining it as something complex but lets see if I can manage it without this forum

- - - Updated - - -

ok I understand this forum now, clever people ;)

backed up by health and safety

LOL! Buddy, its not that....if you read everything carefully, instead of getting upset with the tough love you recieved you would understand.

There is more than one way of wiring a light fitting.

We don't think you need to call a spark, we know. You obviouslly have very little understanding, so getting a proper spark in would do the job correctly and safely.

Do what you've gotta do though, if it goes wrong, don't say we didn't tell you so.

If you need some other sources, try the building and plumbing forums - them guys are up to scratch with electrics - probably more than us actually, so yeah - you're in the wrong place.

[=electri;670151QUOTE]i have pics of exactly how it was connected before

so why did you not post the before pic so we could advise properly?

if u want to be sarcastic thats fine however I still believe that one could try to make himself look like something special when I personally think this can be easy if someone wanted to expalin,

got results on youtube already will post tonight becuase Im not letting thisone go,

on way to doing it, for all those who think its life and death please dont make me laugh.....

- - - Updated - - -

That is probably the worst comment ive ever seen on this forum to date.

never mind geordie, we canb;t all be god's gift........ to sheep. :21:

So you can post how "electric isn't difficult, and I didn't get killed and it only took me several hours to wire a light, so boo sucks to you"?

BTW, the fact some the cables at the bottom of your pictures appear to have "fallen out" isn't good mate, if you persist, please, please ensure you tighten everything properly before finishing off - loose connections can cause fires!

- - - Updated - - -

So you can post how "electric isn't difficult, and I didn't get killed and it only took me several hours to wire a light, so boo sucks to you"?

BTW, the fact some the cables at the bottom of your pictures appear to have "fallen out" isn't good mate, if you persist, please, please ensure you tighten everything properly before finishing off - loose connections can cause fires!

save on gas cooking xmas dinner though.

My favourite part of this thread, is what MDJ pointed out........he had picture of how it was previously wired and yet he still got confused, and even now he only thinks hes solved it! Bless.

im literally in stitches here.....will i ever find out what happened to the geordie man.....im going putting the news on to see.

I was wondering why the mods hadn't stepped in and stopped this but it would seem none are on line.

Good riddence to the OP, IMHO

Reply to electrical wiring help - thanks :) in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net