Search the forum,

Discuss everynights a 17th edition night in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

feel as if years away of knowing the sections.... index slightly easier, but are they all there... 17th exam in 2 weeks
I found when taking my 17th and indeed doing the revision questions leading up to it that you could generally pick a key word in the question that you then find in the index...........

so does that mean if is 2.5mm it has to be in conduit or trunking ..

Guess so, that's how I read it, but TBH I would think its a bit impractical in real terms. You would have to run your trunking out into the flower bed etc right up to the earth electrode. Easier to use a length of sheathed 16mm sq (if buried or not) and be done with it.

Is it acceptable to use a TNC-S (PME) type earthing system on a caravan site for a permanent building?

Is it acceptable to use a TNC-S (PME) type earthing system for earthing a static caravan (the chassis would need to be earthed for this)?

id say no to both 7.21.411.4... somehting tells me bond the chasis
Is it acceptable to use a TNC-S (PME) type earthing system on a caravan site for a permanent building?

Is it acceptable to use a TNC-S (PME) type earthing system for earthing a static caravan (the chassis would need to be earthed for this)?

Have a read of section 708 in the new edition. Generally it is thought that PME is not allowed on a caravan site. There is however an exception that allows it to be used for permanent buildings IE offices etc. But it should NEVER be used for feeding either static homes or mobile caravans.

i can read the question you asked now...
Have a read of section 708 in the new edition. Generally it is thought that PME is not allowed on a caravan site. There is however an exception that allows it to be used for permanent buildings IE offices etc. But it should NEVER be used for feeding either static homes or mobile caravans.

With the earthing conductor, Table 54.1 only applies to conductors that are buried.
There is no requirement to provide sheathing or even insulation for an earth conductor.
With the Caravan, it all depends on how you define static.
Residential caravans that are not intended to be moved, are regarded as being permanent buildings.
As such they can be connected to a PME system.

you were winding me up willder about 20 degrees on zs... bet you scitter when younger,,,,

Oi I'm still young (ish)

Zs reference was valid, but shouldn't be a concern for you with a 2382-10 exam. It's more of a 2391 question. I can explain further if you like, if you have the OSG it will be simple to explain.

Reply to everynights a 17th edition night in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net