Discuss Fire rated spots in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Cj24

I install fire rated downlighters in every room in houses now but are they mainly for certain places such as in where there is a smaller void such as downstairs due to the smaller gap between obv the ceiling and the floor above, rather then upstairs where u have much bigger area being the loft

No they are far more expensive and whats the point?

They are very cheap these days. I used to fit them as a matter of course. They only cost £2 more than a crappy flimsy non fire rated one, and it takes away the doubt about whether they should be fire rated or not.

The fire rating is to maintain the integrity of the 30 minute, 60 minute or 90 minute fire rating of the ceiling you are cutting into, and they must also meet the requirement for acoustic rating as well, its a building reg thing.

Fit a non fire rated into a HMO and watch the stih hit the fan when the 3 yearly check comes around!

Cheers..........Howard

Same here, always fit fire rated. IMO its the difference between a diy job and a professional job. its only a few quid more which goes on the job. but its not only about fire rating its also the soundproofing. TBH i never touch the jcc ones (sorry)after going back to them cooking up all the time as you can only use heat reflectered lamps in them and joe public cant tell the differenc e so i always use aurora which come with lamps and take any type of lamp.

Reply to Fire rated spots in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Our electrician has fitted these LED downlights: https://ansell-lighting.com/en/products/prism-pro-cct-fire-rated-downlight-dual-wattage Due to...
Replies
Views
Hi there I’ve got some spots to install in some shelves being put up. This sounds very straight forward I know but I was only thinking, do they...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have just found out that a family member who is having some Building work done has been advised to insulate above the Kitchen...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone Ive just had an electrical condition report conducted on a mixed-use property, and I am extremely surprised that after the last report...
Replies
Views
We're doing a refurb of a takeaway restaurant. Client has asked us to re-use existing downlights and provided some additional ones of the same...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock