Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss Freesat in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

No it won't mate (freesat). If you run to a 6 way splitter AND have a reciever in each room, then you will be able to view in 1 room at a time, but not 2 or more at the same time. The good news is you can get dual, quad or even 8 way LNBs on ebay to stick on the existing dish, which means you can view in loads of rooms (you have to have a reciever in each room still). Watch out, mind, not every LNB matches every dish.

Whats wrong with a good old fashioned wireless (with valves) you know a nice antiquey one, listen to the Archers smoking a pipe, that analogue hiss gives the sound a certain je ne sais quois that digital can never NEVER compete with.

I have FS HD on my tv.

At the moment, the only extra channels over FV SD is HD.

Also a few less normal channels.

FS was originally intended for people in remote areas where a 'normal' FV signal was poor.

A real bargain mate, I have been fitting them for the last 3 years and even with trade discount it still costs me around £45 for the kit. How did you align the dish, have you got a meter or just good aim??

:D if i aimed i would miss. only thing i am good at aiming is at the gun club and on the range :). i looked at the womans down the street and fixed ours in the same direction and then got the meter out and a compass. jobs a good en :) going to get the lnb with multiple points on so i can route it into the kids bedrooms. funny thing is b and q sell the receiver on its own for 29 quid but the full lot including the dish for 25

does b&q sell the double/quad/quatro lnb's to fir the brand????

B&Q will sell the quad (not sure about quatro, but slewfix do). You need to watch the size of the bracket on the lnb arm 40mm default for most, but the minidish has it's own size (not sure exactly around 32mm I think... but it's known as a mini dish bracket then).

last question about it now, someone said that you can just plug the free sat box into tour sky dish, is there line in and line out on the free sat box?????
No the LNB on the end of your sky dish would need to have a spare F type connector, you then run a cable from this into the room you require the Freesat in. Because Sky and Freesat use the same satellite (Astra) you can get the signals using the same dish. If you only have a single LNB (1 output) you can buy a quad LNB with 4 outputs for less than a tenner or an Octo (8 outputs) if you go crazy and decide to put it to every room.

:D if i aimed i would miss. only thing i am good at aiming is at the gun club and on the range :). i looked at the womans down the street and fixed ours in the same direction and then got the meter out and a compass. jobs a good en :) going to get the lnb with multiple points on so i can route it into the kids bedrooms. funny thing is b and q sell the receiver on its own for 29 quid but the full lot including the dish for 25
If you struggle to get one to fit mate, I have loads of sky 43cm Minidishes with quad LNB in stock, your welcome to collect one from me one weekend (I might even let you borrow my meter to get the best signal :))

Hi eskimo, I've gone and got one of these (and want to start fitting them too, but want to do mine first). When I've done anything with dishes, it's normally been minidishes and most of the reasonably priced quad LNBs are MK4 sky ones, but you can get an adaptor for the arm to fit on a normal dish - do you know if they work? Cheers

is dishes all directed the same direction, i.e north or how do you determain???

and eskimo cheers for info, so you saying id have to take the 2 core skyplus lead away as the free sat boxes do not have line in line out.. 2.

just tryng to get as much info as, i cant afford balls ups.... maybe im over cautious

Reply to Freesat in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net