Discuss Good mask? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rocker

Well my mask is getting clogged and letting more and more rubbish through, I think it's time for a new one. Anyone got any suggestions?

I'm after something not too expensive, but that will keep a lot of stuff out, preferably something that can be used for light asbestos work like artex drilling etc, but what I'd REALLY like is something that can be moulded to an individual face well; I'm pretty gifted in the nose department and always get gaps either side of the nose which I have to tape up or fill with blu tac.

What are you folks using?

when i first glanced at the post i nearley started sending halloween links through :( that will teach me to speed read :D i got mine from active asbestos grade and comfy to wear.

I've used these for the last few years swear by them, you wonder why you put up with the bad ones after using them;)

3M Maintenance-Free Respirator - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys

Thanks I'll have a look at that.

I just bought this for chasing out as I really wanted something with a mask and eye protection all-in-one, I still want a small mask though. It can cope with chemical attacks and CS gas apparently, do you reckon it would handle asbestos as well?

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Can't wait to turn up on site with this.....

:D get the black gear on and the h&k out and they will think the sas has turned up :D
good price, not too sure about the asbestos

Ha ha ha love that!
thinking asbestos is a slightly larger particulate than gas;)
That's what I thought!

Wise how long do those screwfix masks last? I'm assuming from the 'non-maintenance' name you can't change the filters on them.

Phil I'll spray up the SDS gloss black it'll look the part. 24V combi as a side-arm!

Thanks I'll have a look at that.

I just bought this for chasing out as I really wanted something with a mask and eye protection all-in-one, I still want a small mask though. It can cope with chemical attacks and CS gas apparently, do you reckon it would handle asbestos as well?

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Can't wait to turn up on site with this.....

Have you really bought one of them?????? I am 6'5", nearly 20 stone and have boxed for the last 8 years but still think I would run a mile if I saw someone walking around site with one of them on. Especially now it's getting darker. Looks like the guy in 'Dead Man's Shoes'!!!

Have you really bought one of them?????? I am 6'5", nearly 20 stone and have boxed for the last 8 years but still think I would run a mile if I saw someone walking around site with one of them on. Especially now it's getting darker. Looks like the guy in 'Dead Man's Shoes'!!!

Heh heh 'the elephant'.

Yep I've bought one.... one of the crews I regularly work with call me darth vader due to my existing aspirator, should be a laugh! But seriously it should stop the bad chests and black snot, has eye protection and some form of full face protection, should stop me looking like a miner at the end of the day and, when combined with a new site and a megaphone, could be the base for some japery!

I have to admit, even when working on a domestic refurb, I tend to spend hours blowing out the old dreaded 'Black Snot' when I get home. The worrying thing is just how much of it gets past into the lungs. I really should purchase a decent mask especially when working in old factories where asbestos could be a big issue.

Reply to Good mask? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net