Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Hello All in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

King_g3

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hey hey!

Just a quick hello to the forum. Obviously I am new here and would like to introduce myself.

I am 29 and interested in a change of career and would like to work for myself in a field I am generally interested in but have no experience (Electrician).
Currently I am a Coordinator working for a deadline driven office company. The thought of not being tied to my desk is a dream!

I Live in London and have called most of the colleges in my area but their Electrician courses are booked up and the waiting lists are closed. I have contacted OLCI and will be seeing there Sales rep tomorrow. I think home learning may be my only option as I need to stay in my mind numbing job while I learn so I have a steady income.

I joined this site to get some information from professionals and those in the industry.

Thanks

King_G3

Aico 3000 Range
S

spark-doctor

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hello and welcome. There have been a few threads by people in the same situation as you so there should be a wealth of information here.

Good luck.

K

King_g3

Thanks Spark!

I am reading those now. Again much appreciation for everyone on the site!

King_G3

T

tony.towa

Welcome to the forum. As "The Doc" said there's been quite a few people recently who are looking to change their career direction. Good luck with your change and if you've got any questions there should be someone here who can help.

P

PAUL M

welcome, there is a vast amount of knowledge on this forum covering a wide spectrum,not from me i hasten to add,got some good cooking recipes too.

B

Bane

welcome, there is a vast amount of knowledge on this forum covering a wide spectrum,not from me i hasten to add,got some good cooking recipes too.
No knowledge from me either I'm afraid! Though I CAN help with the cooking!

Dare I say this now? If you have no experience whatsoever, seriously think twice about the home study route.

Personally, I think these courses (intense 6-8weeks at £4-6k) are more suited to people with site/job/electrical experience who wish to gain the formal quals.

Like you said yourself, you've JUST missed out this year for college (which is poo as I was in this situation last year).

Have you EVER worked on a building site? If not, maybe go and do some labouring work and see how you find it first (especially if your thinking of shelling out £XXXX).

Especially at this time of year when it ain't as warm as it used to be and will only get colder! ;)

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

Reply to Hello All in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
Top Bottom