Discuss help sourcing a dimmer switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

RyanCheetham

Hi guys, yet again i am asking for help, i have trawled through google but no help. I need to find a GET UK dark brown metal flat plate dimmer switch with screws. Additionaly i could do with it before wednesday. The guts of the dimmer do not matter as i am swapping it out for trailing edge. I will ask my wholesalers tomorrow but i am after a head start if possible

Call me Mr Picky but....

Safe isolation procedures NOT.

Did not test his tester first
Did not check power at the switch before turning off at CU
Did not check again it was off
Did not check his tester still works before putting his fingers in there.

Otherwise, perfect.
No, wait, large amounts of copper showing on the line conductor after termination

also, he assumed trhaat the red was the feed. some muppet could have used the sleeved black as feed from fitting.

Dark brown is going to be difficult to get, I am not sure they make them!
Is it metal effect, you might get antique bronze; does it have to be GET if it is flat plate?

Oh and this is how to change a dimmer switch, I am sure she got it right but may have not quite been concentrating:eek:mg_smile:!

can't you get a red one and sleeve it? :77:

Have you looked in B&Q or Homebase? It's the sort of stuff they carry. Of course you'll have to pretend you're not an electrician who wouldn't normally be seen dead in such an establishment.

pj

Reply to help sourcing a dimmer switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

My daughter is asking me if it’s possible to change her double light switch outside her bathroom to a dimmer. It’s a 2 gang switch that turns on...
Replies
Views
Hi. In the images. One is a 2 gang dimmer switch and the other a normal 2 gang switch arrangement. Dimmer 1 controls the main ceiling rose and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I currently have 4 JCC LED down lights in my bathroom with a 2 gang dimmer on the outside. The first dimmer switch controls the LEDs and...
Replies
Views
Evening all.... My son is 14, he seems to be taking ultra long baths and showers and the bath/shower room is drenched afterwards. I have just...
Replies
Views
Hi All Struggling to install a bog standard light switch due to getting confused by different coloured cables. I'm an avid DIY but never had...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock