Discuss How to "Monitor" a RCBO?? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

LukeD

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Anyone think of a way for a 'tripped"RCBO to notify property owner etc. Client has a valuable display cabinet thats fed from a RCBO (Radial) . But wants to know if it ever "trips" ? And the cabinet loses power .

Feed a relay from the same circuit. Use the normally open contacts to feed either an alarm, a lamp, or even to trigger an autodialler or similar.

In fact a good solution would be to get it to trigger something that Google home recognises, and then set a routine in the Home app to do whatever you want. This way it's very customisable.

Feed a relay from the same circuit. Use the normally open contacts to feed either an alarm, a lamp, or even to trigger an autodialler or similar.

In fact a good solution would be to get it to trigger something that Google home recognises, and then set a routine in the Home app to do whatever you want. This way it's very customisable.
If you are REALLY paranoid you have it cut off a regular status contact so the loss of power or connectivity is noticed...

Reply to How to "Monitor" a RCBO?? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

So here is the thing Rhere is an old MEMSHIELD TPN+E Board that is pretty mich obsolete. The only place that sells their breakers would be Ebay...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, We’ve had a new CNC Machine from China arrive this week. It came with a monitor and a tower to run the software. The monitor and tower...
Replies
Views
Hi All I'm new here. I have just finished my NVQ and waiting to do my AM2. I have a question on selectivity as it has always slightly confused me...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Wondering if you could offer some advice please. I carried out a small outdoor lighting project today at a commercial property. 4 lights...
Replies
Views
Hi all Now being upfront I am not a sparks. I am about to have some work done by a friend (certified) and as he is doing me a favour I want to as...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock