Discuss imersion heater thermostat fault finding in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

I think that is a bit unfair.

I'd like to hear what you would have done differently?

Don't mind davesparks, he's like that with everyone.

I think you need to go back to basics, back to the beginning.

If your CU has been damaged by this issue, that needs repairing or replacing.

Then get your immersion final radial circuit repaired, tested and inspected, so its functioning correctly, without any load attached to it.

After you have done all that, then you can move onto the immersion heater itself, and its ancillary controls.

Still think, you should admit defeat, and employ a competent electrician, which if your CU needs replacing, you'll have to do anyway.

Hi,i think you have done more than expected,to help the in-laws,it may be time for help.
As for if a "normal" spark could tackle the tank side...well,a normal one may have a go,but "special" ones,always have an 86mm spanner and some towels...:)

What is happening to the fuse wire as that can tell you what sort of fault you are looking for.
Have you re-tested since replacing the timer as its possible that the element was good then but faulty now?
Is the flex between the timer and the element good, not squashed, burnt or damaged in any way?
Are you sure the time switch is connected correctly and you haven't created a dead short as soon as the timer operates, maybe contacts welded together causing permanent dead short?

Reply to imersion heater thermostat fault finding in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

A silly fault in a circuit only 4m long is currently eluding me! This is ECIR remedials of a landlords supply in a block of flats. Circuit 2 =...
Replies
Views
I've a 3 phase storage heater currently wired to the main fuse box in an office I have. The heater has 2 supplies/isolators, 1 for charging at...
Replies
Views
I'm looking at a vending hot drinks machine 2.9kW that has a thermostatically controlled hot water tank permanently attached to a water supply...
Replies
Views
Hi all I don't appear to be able to post in the DIY forum so apologies if this is the wrong place. I live in a block of flats with an external...
Replies
Views
I need your help please once again in tracing a fault. Am DIY but not clueless. Converting former kitchen into 2 rooms: bathroom and laundry. The...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock