Discuss Inspection & testing of installed electrical equipment in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mtfpuk2011

I am revising hard for my 2394-302 written exam tomorrow and have been looking at past Chief Examiners reports of City & Guilds.
Whilst I don't have the question could someone please help with regard to the testing of installed electrical equipment. The chief examiner makes the following comment on a couple of past exams.

'When asked what must be verified while inspecting installed electrical equipment, candidates often incorrectly answered in relation to the complete installation'

What are they getting at here? Do they mean such things as 'the equipment must be suitable of the use for which it is provided, maintained in a condition suitable for that use' or checking that the plug has the correct rated fuse, no damage to cables or am I missing something.

I have been through the books but my brain must be fried as I cannot locate anything specifically other than what is in EAWR 1989.

Also are the April 2013 results out yet for reference? What was the paper like, hard or pretty fair? Do we know what the passmark/percentage pass mark was?

Thank you

What are they getting at here? Do they mean such things as 'the equipment must be suitable of the use for which it is provided, maintained in a condition suitable for that use' or checking that the plug has the correct rated fuse, no damage to cables or am I missing something.

about right. but forget about plug fuses. irrelevant to fixed wiring.

Reply to Inspection & testing of installed electrical equipment in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net