Discuss IP 55 Enclosure from screwfix! code 33991 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Sorry Ferg, when I say knockouts I mean ones you can just give a 'knock' and out they come, BG do these I think. The BG ones (as in the link) you have to drill.

Fair point I didn't look properly.

I thought they were like the MK weather.... kit.
I'm sure BG do them to where they are more Push outs than knock outs.

Basically an insert with an O ring.

Going back to my previous post, if you are going to go to the effort of using a 20mm holesaw anyway you may as well buy decent and cheap adaptable boxes from your local wholesaler.

Last edited:
i never use a\ holesaw on plastic. takes ages to get the partly melted crud out of the holesaw. use cone cutters every time.

I always use a holesaw on plastic and always take ages to get the partly melted crud out of the holesaw :)

Thanks for the tip Tel :)

i never use a\ holesaw on plastic. takes ages to get the partly melted crud out of the holesaw. use cone cutters every time.
I got a similar set to this for around the same price

avyna7yd.jpg

I used it previously in engineering job so took it along in industrial jobs I mostly use it when I use holesaws , which to be honest is usually on plastic as I'll use punches for any glands I put in a metal enclosure as the hole is always perfect with virtually no burrs

I used it previously in engineering job so took it along in industrial jobs I mostly use it when I use holesaws , which to be honest is usually on plastic as I'll use punches for any glands I put in a metal enclosure as the hole is always perfect with virtually no burrs
what punches are you talking about? do they work in stainless?

"Q max sheet metal punches" is one make can't put up a link or pic sorry but they're on ebay 20mm approx £6
I've got a set 20-22.5-25-30-40-50 mm
I think you could use them on stainless but only thin gauge like on a db otherwise you'd ruin the cutting edges

If you've not seen them before you drill a pilot hole then run a 10mm/13mm drill ,the punches are in two halves, separate them one end has a screw which goes thru the hole screw on the other side and tighten with a hex key/ratchet with hex socket, until it cuts thru and drops out
Its a bit slower but you get a perfect hole and they last for years!
Ps don't forget to remove the slug as my old apprentice did, he complained it was jammed .......never removed the slugs 5 of them
I just said "where did you think the metal from the holes had gone to?"

Reply to IP 55 Enclosure from screwfix! code 33991 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock