Discuss Joining NICEIC in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I take whatever anybody says with a pinch of salt and my assessor certainly wasn't boasting when telling me of assessments that he had failed.

Now your point re best financial interest is a strange one to make. You're an engineer Eng and going by your advice and opinions on here you seem to be a very good one with a lot of experience. Would it be fair for me to say that it is not in your financial interest to do your job properly? I mean surely you could make more money by cutting corners, we all could.

You're right about people not coming on here and moaning about failing the assessment, but who would? I'm sure that if I failed an assessment I would not be telling people on here.

The idea of assessors going round the country passing any dangerous or dodgy electricians just to get their £400 doesn't ring true with me. All the electricians I know get apprehensive when their assessment is approaching and all talk of the thoroughness of it and are all glad when it's over, these are Niceic, Napit & Elecsa registered electricians.
My usual assessor is all over my work like a ferret, he does not miss a thing, certainly not trying to give me an easy ride.

I must disagree with you when you say cutting corners makes financial sense. It makes financial sense in the short term yes. But over the years that person will be found out and find that they are either asked to go back at no extra cost or their work load will start disappearing.

Anyone who thinks that by cutting corners they earn more is certainly not looking to the future when it comes to this game.

I respect your position on this Eng and I know you're sincere. I'm not actually happy with part p in its present form and the enforcement is non existent. Going back to your Electrical Trainee, before part p he could start doing rewires, board changes etc whenever he liked with no test gear, no insurance, regs, no knowledge of testing or anything. And he quite often did, Electrical Trainee are not new. At the very least now he will either be breaking the law or will be assessed as to competence once a year. So he will have to have insurance, test instruments, relevant publications, certificates and show a couple of jobs and the ability to test. Not perfect by any means, but in my opinion better than what we had.

I like what you have said here and I have never thought about it in this way. Of course Electrical Trainee have always existed. Probably 0ww in some cases. The only difference is now they are in 'our club', so to speak. They are in figures that can be looked at and discussed. Before they were never a problem because, well, they were not hurting our pockets by driving wages down.

Good point well made.

I must disagree with you when you say cutting corners makes financial sense. It makes financial sense in the short term yes. But over the years that person will be found out and find that they are either asked to go back at no extra cost or their work load will start disappearing.

Anyone who thinks that by cutting corners they earn more is certainly not looking to the future when it comes to this game.

I was being flippant Essex. I hope you know I was.
I was responding to a post by Eng54.

Where in Essex by the way?

Yes of course. You are definitely not stupid enough to believe that judging by your posts.

Romford - for my sins.

Born in Barking myself, lived in Romford for a year a a one year old.
You say 'for your sins' I was brought on on Canvey Island. What sort of sinful b@stard must i have been?

Born in Barking myself, lived in Romford for a year a a one year old.
You say 'for your sins' I was brought on on Canvey Island. What sort of sinful b@stard must i have been?

Canvey Island eh??? Ignore list for you I am afraid. Lol!

Us Essex lads need to stick together on here.

What are you reading, certainly nothing i've written?? I've said nothing of the kind, the NICEIC (and other Scams) have never been any different on these so-called assessments it's not about cutting corners, it's basically basing levels on the lowest denominator, rather than on a much higher level.

Neither you or andyb still haven't answered how these 17 day/electrical trainee's seem to have absolutely no problems getting through these sham assessments if they are anything near /close to what andyb are purporting them to be?? Most qualified electricians see these assessments only as an expensive inconvenience, nothing more!!

Oh and many of these chancers screw up's are only found long after they have come and gone....

What are you reading, certainly nothing i've written?? I've said nothing of the kind, the NICEIC (and other Scams) have never been any different on these so-called assessments it's not about cutting corners, it's basically basing levels on the lowest denominator, rather than on a much higher level.

Neither you or andyb still haven't answered how these 17 day/electrical trainee's seem to have absolutely no problems getting through these sham assessments if they are anything near /close to what andyb are purporting them to be?? Most qualified electricians see these assessments only as an expensive inconvenience, nothing more!!

Oh and many of these chancers screw up's are only found long after they have come and gone....

You have misunderstood E54. I was commenting on Andyb's post. Not yours.

For the record I absolutely do not agree that a Electrical Trainee or anything similar can leave someone as competent working on there own with electrics.

My point was simply they have always been around. Long before any training offered it.

Quite the opposite actually, but then i have to take final responsibility for all electrical work carried out, where the likes of Scam providers take literally no responsibility for it's members... Trying to get any action from the Scams needs almost a threat of legal proceedings. Now how many times has that been proved here!!!

They'd always be at least one or two muppets that would come on here complaining about something or other as to why they had failed, but there has been NONE to my knowledge. As far as i'm aware from other previous threads on the subject, what normally happens if something gets picked up, is all that's needed is photographic evidence that something has been rectified at a later date, ....they don't just fail these chancers.

Funny you should say that, because whenever anyone comes on here prior to a Scam assessment the majority here, quite literally tell them not to worry so long as the 400 quid check has cleared!! lol!!

Perhaps you can explain, how a guy that had no previous experience undertakes a 17 day/5 week course and can fly through one of these so-called Scam assessments (and there are 1000s upon 1000's of them out there)?? That in itself tells me that these assessments are a complete farce, and anyone that can ACTUALLY fail one has to be a bloody walking disaster on two feet!!

Think i'll stick to my pinch of salt theory!! lol!!

It's bloody laughable ENG, our generation is deemed as in competent, because have no NVQ3 (well I don't), no chance of JIB grading, only labours at best. Crazy!!

It's bloody laughable ENG, our generation is deemed as in competent, because have no NVQ3 (well I don't), no chance of JIB grading, only labours at best. Crazy!!

Who says you're incompetent Dave. I'm not sure of the point you're making.

Just to add, there must be 100's of years experience on this forum, from old 236C&G guys. lol

This is a thread about joining the Niceic.

Neither you or andyb still haven't answered how these 17 day/electrical trainee's seem to have absolutely no problems getting through these sham assessments if they are anything near /close to what andyb are purporting them to be??

What sham assessments?

Most qualified electricians see these assessments only as an expensive inconvenience, nothing more!!

So do I.

Oh and many of these chancers screw ups are only found long after they have come and gone....

What's do you mean by chancer? I really do not under stand your point.

So let's give you your wish.

Part P gone.

Now a few years down the line no 'chancers' no dodgy electricians, no Electrical Trainee, no lose connections in CCUs,
All time served electricians carrying out 1st class stuff?????

You've won me over.

I know it's slightly off topic but you would be eligible for an electrician graded JIB card as the NVQ 3 wasn't around when you qualified. The JIB accept this and would no way grade you as anything less (not that you would want one anyway).

Reply to Joining NICEIC in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net