Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss Just cruised though 'whodunnit thread' in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

ive just noticed next doors curtains dont match the carpet..there getting told in the morning,well might be next year,i'll give them a chance to sort it...

NOT A LOT...but reality strikes and we are here to help and advise each other as well as the public...not to be stupid to look cool as a fool ..here we go again...LOL..

I just feel that we have all had so much **** to deal with over the last six months; all of a sudden all the smug *******s, and self appointed experts come out of the wood work, and do their best to **** on everyone else. B y the way my installs a ****in good.

Don't really see what some people are flapping for!
Speaking as someone who has had a system installed, I would be delighted if another company kindly knocked on my door to explain why I should be getting my installer back to remedy a glaring fault that I perhaps did not have enough knowledge to pick up on.

Speaking as someone who has had a system installed, I would be delighted if another company kindly knocked on my door to explain why I should be getting my installer back to remedy a glaring fault that I perhaps did not have enough knowledge to pick up on.

Could not agree more...me 2

I think there's a major difference between a situation where something's actually definitely dangerous / illegal, and one where it's maybe not best practice, or could be dangerous in some circumstances, but not others and there's no way of knowing without eg surveying the loft.

talk about bad luck,just popped round the shop to get some smokes,driving a bit fast to get back for match of the day,white van up behind me flashing its lights,granted im doing 35 in a 30,slows down and van pulls along side,well its only a bloody solar installer...took the fine like said sorry etc...

I was just getting into bed when two blokes clambered down through the loft-hatch. It seems they were "just proceeding by my house and couldn't help noticing that one of the rails fitted for the purpose of securing the array of panels appeared to be protruding past the edge of the aforementioned panel array at least 1/4 inch further than the other rails."
They said that as there were no lights on in the house, and not wanting to knock the door and wake us up and panic us with this , they thought that it would be easier to pop up and have an accurate measure-up.Apparently that all went off ok, and they simply noted their findings by torchlight and were about to call it a night when one of them remembered seeing something lately on a forum about surveying the loft as well. It seems that, in the dark, they had a bit of a game removing enough slates to effect an entry but with perseverance (and by removing a good few of the panels) they finally managed to gain access.They said that, thankfully, all was well in the loft re the wiring and inverter etc,and bade me Goodnight before leaving the way they came. I don't think i would have spotted this myself. Glad someone is keeping an eye out. RESULT

That was the point I was trying to make. A view from a customer.

Reply to Just cruised though 'whodunnit thread' in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net