Discuss Just Finished june 14 2391 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Billy the metal work of the building the three methods i put the same and for the voltage drop the same TNCS i did not say the lighting i just put load

Billy the metal work of the building the three methods i put the same and for the voltage drop the same TNCS i did not say the lighting i just put load

Cheers Phil, the metal work of the building did not occur to me. I struggled with a third answer for that one, played on my mind for the rest of the exam. In the end I just said heating and ventilation metalwork lol

I did much the same as Billy, I did put checking for loose connections to achieve compliance with Zs.

Bit worried about the questions on IP rating in Zones 1 and 2. Didn't give that much thought, only really thought about IP ratings at the DB when I studied. Hopefully don't drop too many marks.

3 methods of achieving compliance if Zs do not comply?

Increase CSA of conductors
Increase rating of protective device
Additional protection by 30mA RCD ???

Sorry Billy bad news, increasing the rating of the protective device would mean Zs needs to be even lower, you could possibly have changed the type

I think there were 2 calculations needed, can't really remember exactly. One was m ohms/m calculation of 2 conductors. Was that an R1+R2 for a ring?

Damn it. I knew I was doing something wrong in that question. I've dropped marks on all of those questions. I think I will be doing a resit, not a bad thing really because I will learn more, but all the revision needed for this exam takes up a lot of time.

The problem is my work say that it'll be OK if I fail, everyone deserves a second chance. Think of the pressure if I have to re-sit, don't think they'll give me an infinite amount of chances.

Loose connections did not even enter my tiny mind.

For the shower question I put. 1.20m from a fixed water outlet not containing a basin, with a basin, the area circumscribing the basin.

I need to look up all my answers, but I just can't face it yet.

I think you have nothing to fear, sounds like you did well. I can imagine the pressure from work, and the difficulties studying while working. For me, I am not working, I have very little practical experience, I have only recently finished the 2330 full time at college, so it is all basically out of a book I have learnt.

This thread makes interesting reading. I know that the exam is not an easy one, if you have revised like hell, then it may appear easier, but dont any of you try and do yourselves down because you thought it was easy. The fact is it is a hard exam, so well done to all. If it is easier for any reason, then i can only think that C&G have gone a bit soft, and want everyone to get through before it all changes. Once it has changed, if you havent passed both parts its back to square one. I dont for a minute think C&G will have gone soft in anyway, you will have achieved a pass by nothing other than bloody hard work.

Cheers..........Howard

sat mine last night, and i think ive wasted the £660 it cost me for the course and the exam. was off to what seemed like a flyer and then all of a sudden i hit a brick wall. i could see the answers in GN3 in my head but just couldnt read them if you get what i mean.

Think i might keep my head in GN3 and prepare for the resit

Hi lads
I think the inspection. Of the dB also done me
I put no sleeping on cpc
Uninsulated busbar
Signs of overheating. At mcb
No bonding on dB cover(as it said metal)
And can't remember the other
Also the Ip ratings got me

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry meant sleeving

i put

ip ratings <missing blank plate>

conduit entering db board<not reamed and bushed>

db not securely erected <securely fixed to wall>

conductors loose <check terminations secure at mcb>

conductor identification <wrong colour>

@tucksey re earth sleeving, i was going to say this but it said that installation was done in pvc singles

sat mine last night, and i think ive wasted the £660 it cost me for the course and the exam. was off to what seemed like a flyer and then all of a sudden i hit a brick wall. i could see the answers in GN3 in my head but just couldnt read them if you get what i mean.

Think i might keep my head in GN3 and prepare for the resit

£660 that was a wild price it only cost me £150 to do it in N Ireland

Reply to Just Finished june 14 2391 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net