Discuss Just Finished june 14 2391 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

what did people say for documentation made available to inspector

i put manufacturers instructions and previous eic/schedule of results and inspections

this was a weak answer from me what should i have said??

By the way rapparee did you do the test in a collage or another it cost me £600 plus 1 free retest if needed

i did it at the local college £150 although any resit costs extra, and we had to buy our own books gn3 bs7671 and onsite guide, however all other materials were provided

Fair play I was just trying to think in a panic!!!
i put

ip ratings <missing blank plate>

conduit entering db board<not reamed and bushed>

db not securely erected <securely fixed to wall>

conductors loose <check terminations secure at mcb>

conductor identification <wrong colour>

@tucksey re earth sleeving, i was going to say this but it said that installation was done in pvc singles

what did people say for documentation made available to inspector

i put manufacturers instructions and previous eic/schedule of results and inspections

this was a weak answer from me what should i have said??

I think that is a good answer, it said state, so no explanation necessary. Manufacturers instructions is a good answer, and a 10 year old installation at a Paper Mill(?) would must of had a previous PIR. Maybe maintenance records, would of been another option as a document. In guidance note 3 it always relates to 'diagrams, charts and tables'. In the question they said no diagrams or charts were available. So I answered Tables and Previous Test documents.

I can barely remember any of my answers never mind the questions.

- - - Updated - - -

And it cost me £540 for three day course and the exams in Northern Ireland.

did you go to ett in ballymena, sounds a bit steep.

i done it at the local tec the girl that organised it told me they got a subsidy through some business support group, through stormont

well at the time of the exam my mind went blank and came out thinking that was hard, then within 5 mins starting to realise how many mistakes i made and how easy it really was. nerves i guessing. silly mistakes like..

What type of switch would be used in a bathroom.

my answer; a double pole switch. (what a c**k) i think they was looking for pull cord.

The more i thought about it the more i started to think and know how many i got wrong. Im doing the july exam now as im pretty certain i have failed.

I struggled with the departures as well. Could do with knowing the answers for next time. Could do with a drawing of the earth fault loop path en all. Only got the one for a TT.

What type of switch would be used in a bathroom.

my answer; a double pole switch. (what a c**k) i think they was looking for pull cord.

The answer they were looking for was 'SELV' switching, as the question was referring to switching in Zone 1, if I remember correctly.

I was a bit confused over that question I remember thinking who would put a SELV shaver socket in a shower cubicle so I put the shower switch.

Reply to Just Finished june 14 2391 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net