Discuss Just saying hi in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
New to the forum, joined for a couple of reasons.

I'm not a pure sparky, I'm currently on a domestic renewable energy course. Half Electrical, half plumbing. Who said electricity and water shouldn't mix.

My name is Adrian, I'm 36 and doing the course half for a career change half for fun.

It is with new trade careers. 1 of the reason I joined this forum as it pops up when you search that firm. The other is for the chat and community another reason I started the course. I'm British but lived abroad for over a decade and I wanted to try to grow a firend network around me as my school friends have all moved off.

I have a degree in Mechanical engineering, but I'm not a mechanic. I didn't work I. The engineering field while abroad so that degree died a bit. I am currently working in a factory as a wireman, so I am not in a completely unrelated field, bit I know the plumbing side and regs will be a large mountain to climb on my own without working in the industry.

Any help or encouragement on the electrical side will be much appreciated

Welcome.
I got a mech type degree as well, and I couldn’t get a job in Dundee, never mind abroad.

Lots of advice and help on here.... and remember, no such thing as a stupid question.

Just stupid answers.

Thank guys(/gals? Doubt it) I should really proof read my posts better. So many typos. I've never been good with the swipe type function on smart phones.

How has the construction related industry faired after covid? I hear lots of new regs and programs starting up. A sparky mate of mine has never been busier doing fuse board checks for landlords in London boroughs as some rules are changing. Is it looking better now?

Welcome to the forum, renewable energy is the way forward good luck, alias im your old fashioned type, 1 socket per room , i light pendant 150watt at that the big massive one. (who remembers them lol)

Welcome to the asylum mate.

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum, renewable energy is the way forward good luck, alias im your old fashioned type, 1 socket per room , i light pendant 150watt at that the big massive one. (who remembers them lol)
remember 'em? we got 'em. chandeliers with 9 x 60watt halogen candle lamps ( well, untill i swapped the lamps for LEDs, saves on leccy but you can't see Jack Sh*t.)

Reply to Just saying hi in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net