Discuss learner Lounge. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,
I am in my second year at college studying C & G 2330, I am aware that there is a lot of information on a site called learner Lounge on the Internet. Has anybody subscribed to this site before, is it we'll worth it? I have looked into it and to subscribe it's around £44.00, so I'd thought I would ask on here first before diving straight in.

No, asked the lecturer at college about it, the college has subscribed to it, he has a Username and password, but is not permitted to give it out to the students. If I ask him he will login for me at college, but the time at college is for studding, and haven't the time to view the site at college. What do you think?

There are quite a few good vids on you tube these days, last time I checked anyway! I know the vids you mean as we used the same package.

Yeah, Would like to view the testing side, Ring main testing and light circuit testing, checked out you tube as you sugested and not bad. when you do the ring main circuit testing do you start of testing the continuity of the phase wires and then the neutral wires, then cross connect them, in coming phase(live) with outgoing neutral,and vice versa. Then the r1 and r2 cross connected, then do calcs?

I use learning lounge and think it's well worth the subscription. I find the video's and interactive quiz's very useful. I'll be renewing my subscription this year. :)

conductor loops end to end resistance then step 2 outgoing line with incomming neutral in connectors and test at each socket and do the same then for line and cpc and result should be r1+r2/4= at each sioket...

its a start dont know if clear to you, but ive got it .. buy books .. a few i have are
part p doctor = good
chris kitcher= good
osg= good
gn3= good
bs7671 good

had few others but read them in few days and sent them back as the more you get to grips with this stuff the books all say the same thing good luck

Learning Lounge is a video only information source with a heavy NICEIC and Megger bias. Most videos are presented by NICEIC pair Dave Austin (million pence man) and sidekick Tony Cable who are tiresome double act.

Reply to learner Lounge. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net