Discuss LED power supply blowing LED controller in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Are you sure you hadn't had your multimeter connected to it in ammeter mode on the previous occasion?

Just wondered if you had tried measuring the output current after the controller and damaged it.

With the PSU on but no LED light controller attached ,
get the multimeter set to volts DC and measure if the power supply goes over 18V between terminals 5 & 6.
This is a no load test , and may be how delicate electronics,that may only need 3A come to an end on a 15A supply .
( some 3A or 5A fuses may reduce the chance of mishaps with thin wiring on DC 12V-18V )

Reply to LED power supply blowing LED controller in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi there, Please can I have some help with the following: I want to have some perimeter lighting in the ceiling which will be using the...
Replies
Views
We are in the process of renovating our house, and would like to setup led strip-lighting throughout. of the options, this seems most attractive...
Replies
Views
I am trying to put some led light strips under the fenders of my fat tire E-bike. I’ve been looking at led light strips on Amazon, AliExpress and...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am currently DIY upgrading a caravan with my girlfriend but need some advice. The (very old) 230VAC to 13.8VDC power supply broke down...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I've installed a Lorex doorbell recently, but it is not turning on. I did some tests using a multimeter and this is what I found...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock