Discuss Low voltage switch question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I'd like to wire a six pin DPDT rocker toggle switch to turn a low voltage LED fixture on and off. The rocker toggle switch I have is an on/off/on switch. Additionally, I would like to wire a photocell switch to this light, so it will turn on and off with the sun. What I'm trying to do is have the option to put the switch in the first "on" position, which uses the photocell switch to turn the light on and off. But I’d also like the ability to bypass the photocell switch and manually turn the light on regardless of the photocell switch, so I'd like to have that ability to use the second "on" position to bypass the photocell. And then the "off" position kills the light altogether. The power source is a 12v battery. Can anyone assist with a wiring diagram for this? I’ve attached a crude drawing, and I’m hoping someone can “connect the dots”. I’ve also attached a photo of the rocker toggle switch. Thanks!
View attachment 741170
View attachment 741171

Sorry, can't see the attachments. You can use one pole to switch the battery supply to the photocell input, and the other pole to select whether the LED is fed from the photocell output or direct from the battery.

Attachments

• 16828769632935405185860012407688.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 9

Reply to Low voltage switch question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have 2 kitchen lights, each on its own switch. I would like to re-wire them to where the first switch turns on both lights, but where if the...
Replies
Views
Extremely low voltage on 120v line Hi, I’m not an electrician but my home has 20 amp breaker that has only one outdoor outlet on it with a GFCI...
Replies
Views
I’m planning a 240V welder circuit in a detached garage with a 100A sub panel. For the 160A or 180A output welders I’m looking at, the conductor...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone :) my first post here. Quick background I'm a newly qualified installer of somewhat advanced years whose just starting out in the...
Replies
Views
I have a Firebird oil boiler that is controlled by a Honeywell timer (no thermostat) that has channels for hot water and central heating...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock