Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Maximum earth loop impedance in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

EddieB

-
Arms
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Table 41.3 gives the maximum earth loop impedance on a type B 32a breaker to 60898 as 1.44 ohms, the testing schedule on the domestic cert asks maximum permissble loop impedance, in the test and inspect notes I seem to remember that you are required to write the full 1.44 but I'm sure that you allow for 80% due to fault condition temprature?? bringing it down to 1.15. Answers on a virtual postcard please

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
S

Spudnik

It says on the cert MAX Zs.

This is before any correction is made.

Does seem a a bit daft as i would have thought the corrected value would make more sense as its a tad lower.

H

hot wire

testing power and light circuits..
if i have a typeC 20amp RCBO with 4mm cable feeding a radial power cicuit what sort of testing am i doing to get fault loop impedance

D

Deleted member 26818

Table 41.3 gives the maximum earth loop impedance on a type B 32a breaker to 60898 as 1.44 ohms, the testing schedule on the domestic cert asks maximum permissble loop impedance, in the test and inspect notes I seem to remember that you are required to write the full 1.44 but I'm sure that you allow for 80% due to fault condition temprature?? bringing it down to 1.15. Answers on a virtual postcard please
It depends on who's schedules you are using.
The NICEIC ones require the value from BS7671, whereas I believe that with ELECSA it is either the full or the 80%.
Of course, with the IET ones it's neither.

H

hot wire

thanks for the replys
im thinking the fault loop impedance testing can only be done when the circuit is live.. im wrong arnt i

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
no, you are right. LFLI test is a live test. ( unless you want to calculate it, as malcolm.)

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Maximum earth loop impedance in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom