Discuss mcb tripping after new sockets in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Can't believe they've wired it so all the kitchen appliances are on a 16A MCB. Is there any certificate for the work?
probably wrote on left-over Izal bog roll that became obsolete when them labrador puppies started advertising. for the youngsters that don't remember it, it was a shiny, useless arse wipe that instead of removing the shyte, just spread it across your arse. i remember being in hospital aged 11 and every sh*t sheet was stamped "Hospital Property". as if anyone would want to nick it.

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

pc1966

Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
I remember Izal bog roll from school days, worse if you crunched it up to try and wipe better as you ended up with sharp corners to scratch you already-troubled ring piece. Awful stuff!

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
even worse than yellow pages, ot the daily mirror that the workshy red labourites used to leave in the works bogs.

Reaction score
hi all. A friend asked if i would look at his kitchen sockets as they would trip just the mcb now and then. i said ill look but thats it as he had a electrician install 3 spurs and add 1 socket on a radial circuit 16amp mcb and looks like 6mm t&e from mb for the circuit and looks like the combi boiler is on the same circuit (guessing spured). Here's where my problem is he has under counter fridge/freezer, tumble drier, dishwasher, washing machine, plus all the other kitchen stuff. From my under standing from what i remember the load is to much for the 6mm cable and the 16amp mcb.
I believe hes spoke with the electrician and hes said everything is fine with it.
any advise on this would be great
thanks
IF he has run a 6mm radial that will be able to handle the load will need to just update the MCB as that is not suitable .
But i suspect its 6mm from the consumer unit and then spurred off in 2.5mm , and as a radial it it been overloaded.
would be best to get a electrican in as the will have the equipment to test the actual circuit

pirate

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
As a boy, we had the Izal and the soft paper, and used them together, the Izal acting as a tough, outer sheath with waterproof properties...

Reply to mcb tripping after new sockets in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net