Discuss Need help with a new switch. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

djm5127

DIY
Reaction score
Hi guys, I could use your expertise. I have an old automatic pool cover, kept in storage for 30+ years, in good condition, and worked well last fall when I found it in storage and installed it. However, I left it out in winter, thinking it was waterproof, and now I can only get it to open or close by manually switching the red and black wires back and forth. I can't get my head around how I would build a switch or panel that could bypass the rest of what I believe to be a damaged apparatus. Details in pictures.

Level of electrical experience: Not much, but parents are coming to visit this weekend who are competent.

Thank you in advance, as you can understand, parts seem to be impossible to come by.

Details by order of pictures:
1 The entire apparatus extends from the pool motor, I am looking to replace it and with your help build a manual switch if possible from the box with wire that comes from the motor.
2 Pool Motor.
3 The piece I believe went bad. Had water in this spring when I opened it, the damage is from me. Perhaps it was waterproof 30 years ago.

4 Wire orientation to extend the cover. When I plug into power it will work.

5 Orientation to retract the cover. When I plug into power it will work.
6 Schematics

IMG_6012.jpg
es.
IMG_6014.jpg
IMG_6016.jpg
IMG_6018.PNG
IMG_5947.jpg
IMG_6019.jpg
IMG_6020.jpg

Reply to Need help with a new switch. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Friend of mines dryer machine has stopped working, 2 days out of warranty. I am trying to help theme out as money is tight for them however, I'm...
Replies
Views
My wife has a electric heated airer, our dog chewed through the cable and I thought it would be no different from rewiring a plug. It's not. I...
Replies
Views
I have pulled out an old evaporative system I purchased many years ago from storage to have a look at it and see if I can get it running. Was...
Replies
Views
I have a Firebird oil boiler that is controlled by a Honeywell timer (no thermostat) that has channels for hot water and central heating...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone :) my first post here. Quick background I'm a newly qualified installer of somewhat advanced years whose just starting out in the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock