Discuss Neighbour firing electrical energy at our home in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for this post.

We desperately need some expert advice/guidance.

We have a neighbour whom we believe is somehow firing accurate electrical pulses of energy at our home. So far, two new different brand security cameras have been destroyed, both with electrical issues. A third camera is registering electrical surges everyday even though it is well insulated in copper and aluminium foil and grounded. Solar lights suddenly go super bright in different locations and different types of solar lights. The list goes on, Amazon devices, tablets, phones etc. Sometimes, a device is broken and will no longer power on, other times the device overheats and shuts down and sometimes a fully charged battery will drain in a few hours.

Added to this, we see very quick flashes of light come through walls and land near devices. Most recently, we have been feeling sharp burning sensations on our bodies that last about 5 seconds. Headaches are also being experienced.

The device we believe is causing the problems is mounted on a neighbour's rooftop about 300 metres away with perfect line of sight. We can see very quick flashes of light come from the rooftop before an electrical issue happens. The device is about the size of a small refrigerator and yellow colour.
We also see a powerful infrared light that is invisible to the human eye shining at our home when this happens.

We have involved the police and they advised to keep monitoring and contact them again if it keeps happening.

Our questions are: does such a device exist. Is it possible that it could be a fault with our electrics?

Any information or advice is appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read.

Can you show a pic of this device on the roof.

Screenshot_20211026-145603_Video Player.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not the best photo! Can you get a better one on a smart phone. I'm assuming that one is taken from CCTV on your house, so your house isn't in the photo at all?

Solar lights suddenly go super bright in different locations and different types of solar lights.
Tell us about these solar lights - are these typical solar lights that have no connection to the electricity supply at all and you just shove them in the gound? If that kind are getting brighter it may be a good clue.

Is it possible that it could be a fault with our electrics?
The burning sensations lasting a few seconds would be enough for me to get an electrician around to do some basic sanity tests. If you share roughly where you are then someone nearby may offer to have a look for you.
Without going into massive detail there are a couple of scenario's that sparks reading this will be wondering about that is relevant to this situation and would fit some of what you describe.

some of these things are possible, however the magnitude of the radiated energy from this device (if indeed that is what is causing problems) would have to be far higher than any consumer electrical device is allowed to output.

a good clear picture of the device would be great.

also, i understand if you don't want to disclose your precise location but perhaps you could disclose your county? it might help us figure out if there is a member who is near enough to do some basic checks.

any overhead power cables or trams nearby? or towers for radio/tv transmission?
also are you close to a large airfield (civilian of military)?

I do know many years ago some engineers that might have been working on transmission dishes, did damage things around the malvern hills when things went wrong. so it is possible but it is also fairly unlikely.

To answer questions:

Sorry about the photo it's a screenshot zoomed from the very top portion that views our front garden. I will take a better picture and post it. The cctv does not point at a neighbour, it's only he very top portion of the frame that covers some neighbours rooftops. Police were happen with camera positioning.

These are typical solar lights no connection to electricity. However, when the solar lights get brighter sometimes our hallway lights do to. The lights get brighter like someone is turning up a dimmer switch. Neither solar or hallway lights have this function.

There are some power lines about half a mile north east and a mobile phone mast about the same distance south west. We are not close to any airfield.

Also, this typically only happens when it gets dark. During the day nothing really happens.

We live in Nottinghamshire (Farndon).

If you have an old radio put it onto a local weak station and see if the radio can pick up the pulses when the lights dim up and down. Plenty of current and ex Military live / work in that area
an Am (amplitude modulation) radio would be best probably best to try and pick up a Chanel in the medium wave band.

If not available, an Fm radio may manage to be distorted but they tend to be better at filtering out unwanted electrical noise (which in this case is what you are trying to detect)

I'll throw one theory out there - which is pure speculation -
Items staked into ground getting brighter
Hall Lights getting brighter
Devices overheating
Devices breaking
Flashes of light from walls (arcing?!)
Question to fellow sparks - thoughts on possibility of a dodgy supply Neutral on TNCS leading to current returning through services, during day phases more balanced, evening not so balanced when everyone comes homes and cooks, showers etc...?

Before getting bogged down with electrical stuff, why do you think your neighbour would do this? Have you spoken to him? Have you asked what the 'thing' on the roof is?

Have you asked other neighbours if they have been affected?

OP, can you answer the questions in post 13 when you get chance. It might help decide the best course of action.

That clear picture would be really useful to help us identify the device and either investigate its effects scientifically or dismiss it a as safe device and move on to other possible reasons for the issues you are having.

OP has been back on here, but not answered the questions or provided a better photo.

OP has been back on here, but not answered the questions or provided a better photo.
Pity, I was looking forward to a challenging fault finding exercise.

Reply to Neighbour firing electrical energy at our home in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net