Discuss Neighbour firing electrical energy at our home in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Before getting bogged down with electrical stuff, why do you think your neighbour would do this? Have you spoken to him? Have you asked what the 'thing' on the roof is?

Have you asked other neighbours if they have been affected?
Haven't spoken to neighbours as did not want start accusing people. Also, I'm not certain which house it is from the video footage I have. The yellow object has been absent since the Police were here. All I did was show the Police the video footage that I have and then left it in their hands.

The infrared light operates on a value of 930nm or more. Which is why the camera picks it up, but you cannot see it with human eye. Initially we thought that the light was being switched off when we went outside to look. It was only after viewing footage from the camera and a phone camera that we realised that the light was still shining and we just couldn't see it. Further investigation led to it possibly being a certain type of infrared light.

As far as why, we have no idea. We have never had any problems with any of our neighbours.

We have booked an electrical engineer to come and inspect our property. I will post an update once the inspection has been completed.

Thanks to everyone for advice and information so far.

Haven't spoken to neighbours as did not want start accusing people. Also, I'm not certain which house it is from the video footage I have. The yellow object has been absent since the Police were here. All I did was show the Police the video footage that I have and then left it in their hands.

The infrared light operates on a value of 930nm or more. Which is why the camera picks it up, but you cannot see it with human eye. Initially we thought that the light was being switched off when we went outside to look. It was only after viewing footage from the camera and a phone camera that we realised that the light was still shining and we just couldn't see it. Further investigation led to it possibly being a certain type of infrared light.

As far as why, we have no idea. We have never had any problems with any of our neighbours.

We have booked an electrical engineer to come and inspect our property. I will post an update once the inspection has been completed.

Thanks to everyone for advice and information so far.

I would advise speaking to your neighbours. Not to accuse them of anything, but just have a chat. Mention the electrical problems you have been having, and ask if they have had any similar things happen. Maybe mention the yellow 'thing' in passing if you think you can get it into the conversation.

Humans are social animals normally and it's always good for neighbours to chat. For both sides.

Ask other neighbours if they have had any problems.

Talking will probably reap a better reward than testing at this stage.

Thanks for the responses. The Police have informed me that they knocked on a few doors and asked if anyone had any similar issues. No one had anything similar.

The home inspection is booked in. My hope is that they find something and it fixes the issue.

I will post an update after the inspection, or if I see the yellow thing again and can get a better photo.

Thanks again to all for advice and information.

Thanks for the responses. The Police have informed me that they knocked on a few doors and asked if anyone had any similar issues. No one had anything similar.

The home inspection is booked in. My hope is that they find something and it fixes the issue.

I will post an update after the inspection, or if I see the yellow thing again and can get a better photo.

Thanks again to all for advice and information.

Sorry to be repetitive, but are you going to speak to your neighbour?

Reply to Neighbour firing electrical energy at our home in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net